Well never thought this would be how I parent

If I'm honest I'd love to co-sleep, but there's no room in the bed with me, OH and 3 cats!!

It's one of those things alongside breast feeding, formula feeding, dummys, weaning etc that I feel is absolutely up to the parents involved to make a decision on whats best for them and their child and no one else has the right to judge or question that decision.

I never thought in a million years that I'd be able to fall asleep and wake up still breastfeeding, I thought that the whole process would wake me up but nope. It's becoming a regular occurrence and we're sleeping better than ever. The thing is Lewis will go back in his basket I just don't feel the need to disturb either of us.

This thread is great, so glad there are so many people co-sleeping!

I co-slept until C was about 5/6 months as it was the only way we could get some sleep. He wouldn't settle in Moses basket and I didn't feel comfortable having him away from me. I did so much research so I knew I was doing it safely. Oh was in spare room to give me more space to swap sides in the night for bf. It also meant he got sleep for work.

We slowly started putting him in his travel cot in our room and then into his big cot a few weeks after that. He goes straight to sleep now after his many feeds through the night. If he's really not settling though I have him back in with me. He's rolling over now though so I don't want him to roll off the bed so it's not as practical as it used to be.

Co-sleeping was a god send in those first few months as it meant we both got sleep and I will do it again if I have more babies!

I wish I'd have been better educated about co-sleeping before LO arrived coz I think I'd have bought a co-sleeper crib! Bf lying down made everything so much easier and if we'd have co-slept it would have been easier still! The author of the no cry sleep solutions book has co slept with all her 4 kids and she talks about how to make it safe. Think if I'd have been fully informed I would have co slept more in the early months. It's a shame these things get a 'bad' reputation coz in the right circumstances and done safely they work really well!

I wish I'd have been better educated about co-sleeping before LO arrived coz I think I'd have bought a co-sleeper crib! Bf lying down made everything so much easier and if we'd have co-slept it would have been easier still! The author of the no cry sleep solutions book has co slept with all her 4 kids and she talks about how to make it safe. Think if I'd have been fully informed I would have co slept more in the early months. It's a shame these things get a 'bad' reputation coz in the right circumstances and done safely they work really well!

I'm not one for 'baby gurus' but what roughly are her solutions? The fact she encourages co-sleeping makes my ears prick up

Lol- there's lots of suggestions depending on what ur individual issues r. I haven't read the whole thing but got the book coz I wanted to help ethan sleep better without doing CIO. I think the way she writes the book is v practical and realistic as well as down to earth coz she has been there and been thru it all herself. I wouldn't say any of her solutions r quick fixes but that's just the nature of the book- teaching u ways to gently help ur baby to sleep better xx

We co slept with H, and honestly I don't regret it at all!
I think it's helped her to be a good sleeper, she was so relaxed lying next to me at bed time, shes always slept well.

Eventually she grew into tummy sleeper, and now won't settle anywhere else but her cot! Lol x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back