weight gain

jojo3972

Reaction score
:shock: i have gained 4lb since i found i was pregnant 2 weeks ago and im sort of follwing sw diet aswel eeekk im going to end up a house end,i dont normaly gain much in tri 1 at all i think i will start walking more and going swimming to help with not gaining and ending up a hippo lol sorry for whinge lol xx

I've gained 5lbs in 5 weeks.

Not going to weigh myself anymore though as it's too depressing.

I'll think about my weight next year when I (God willing) have a healthy little bub

xxxxxxxxx

I don't dare to step on the scales :blush: I feel massive really already...

Ladies, I have to sport a bikini in 5 weeks time!!! ahhhhh xxx

:shock:
Ladies, I have to sport a bikini in 5 weeks time!!! ahhhhh xxx

step away from the naughty foods lol no honestly im sure u will be fine hehe i wnet to turkey wen i was carrying my 6th i was 23 weeks i looked about ready to give birth tho its fine wen ur pregnant u can get away with wearing bikinis with a little pot belly hehe xx

Are you sure it's weight gain? I thought I'd put on a ton of weight and was horrified, felt really bloated, swollen and uncomfortable, perfectly acceptable when your 7 months pregnant, not so good at 7 weeks! It turns out I think I had either a reaction to something I ate or the pregnancy hormones and now the excess water has gone I'm back to what I was 3 weeks ago!

Mine is def weight gain!

I have eaten two big bags of Kettle Chips since Thursday so there I guess is my answer :roll:

xxxxxxxxxxx

im pretty sure it is but il keep an eye on it had some naughty apple strudle n custard the other night lol with beeing on sw the last yr and i lost a stone i think as soon as i waver off the track itsw going to just go right bk on my ass n thighs lol oh well il concentrate on losing it after baba comes along i guess and im going to persuade oh to buy me a tredmill lol xx

Seriously I was doinbg so well on mission bikini bod, then bfp and I'm eatin everythong in sight!!! Back on to controlled eating!! Quite nice coz ill be on hols from 9 weeks to 11!!!!! Its like missing out a few weeks of tri 1 xxx

Bodies are amazing things!

Jojo, I don't know if you've had morning sickness with any of your other pregnancies, but look on the bright side - at least you are getting to enjoy your food at the mo :)

Carnat, I know it's little consolation but at your current weight you must still be tiny!

Daniph, I'm sure you will look gorgeous on your hols. And if anyone dares to make a non-positive comment about your figure, you have a damn good excuse!! :D

I wish I had managed to finish my diet before getting pregnant but I'd rather have the BFP! At work on Thursday one of my co-workers saw me eating a small piece of chocolate and gasped about it ruining my diet - I said "but I'm not on a diet!" to which she replied "all women are on diets!" (nice recovery I suppose...)

I must have put on weight, I'm having to constantly eat carbs and starch to ward off the ms. I've got a bump already and my pants all seem to have shrunk! I'll worry about the weight later, it all comes off (and more) when I bf anyway x

I have a bump already but I think it's possibly water retention really. Nothing fits me anyway. I'd gained 4Ibs in 5 weeks but not weighed for the last 2 weeks. I'm big anyway (size 16) with a very high BMI - that's what you get for only being 5ft and then overweight - so I'm dreading getting lectured by the midwife on Wednesday. :(

Tell her to naff off, I have a hideous diet but I'm a size 10, my friend at work is a seed eating running veggie and is a 14/16, she's 1000 times healthier than me! The whole size thing is bs IMO. It's as much about height, pelvis size and shoulder size as anything else x

I haven't gained a single pound but nothing fits and I have a bump! How is this possible? I'm worried I should be gaining weight? Anyone know if this is normal? Xx

Ps can't believe I'm worried about not putting weight ON!!!!!!

If it makes any of you feel any better, I put on 10lbs in the first 10 weeks, but then by week 27 my total weight gain was only a stone and a half so the weight gain definitely slowed down throughout the pregnancy as my appetite settled down. Think I have put on around 2 stone now so I'm hoping total weight gain will only be around 2 and half! x

Don't stress about weight, so long as LO is healthy it doesn't matter. You might have heard me say before that weight gain is good for avoiding stretch marks so eat up!

I read in one of my pregnancy books that 10-15lbs in tri1 is normal due to the body's desire to eat carbs. Then we can expect a gain of somewhere between 1-2lbs per week after that, some gain more but that's ok too.

Sounds like all of you are well under that.

Anyhoo we can shift it after xx

I haven't gained a single pound but nothing fits and I have a bump! How is this possible? I'm worried I should be gaining weight? Anyone know if this is normal? Xx

Ps can't believe I'm worried about not putting weight ON!!!!!!

I don't think you should worry, e.g. 1 website I read said it was ok to gain about 0-1 lb in tri-1 (altho quite a few ppl lose weight due to morning sickness) then on average 1 lb per week after that for a rough guide.

At 12 weeks your baby only weighs about 40g which won't show up on any scale but your uterus will have expanded to accommodate the now plum-sized baby and might be rising up on your body hence the bump.

Xx

I echo others, so long as we are eating healthily to provide bubba with all the relevant nutrients then weight really isn't important at this stage x

Regardless of your diet or weight, you should never feel bullied, lectured or patronized. Your midwife is there for support, so make sure she offers constructive help.

I don't think you should worry, e.g. 1 website I read said it was ok to gain about 0-1 lb in tri-1 (altho quite a few ppl lose weight due to morning sickness) then on average 1 lb per week after that for a rough guide.

At 12 weeks your baby only weighs about 40g which won't show up on any scale but your uterus will have expanded to accommodate the now plum-sized baby and might be rising up on your body hence the bump.

Xx[/QUOTE]

Thanks....can u tell I am new to this! Ha! Thankfully I lost 19lbs before I realised I was pregnant- still classed as obese if I go with the midwife telling me I have a BMI of 30. I'm a size 14 and am 5ft7 so I'm hardly a barrel.......
However, on this subject I'm ignoring the mw as she is the clone of the honey monster anyway, and no room to talk! Lol! Just want our little surprise to be ok and healthy in there and I'm going to try my best to ditch the junk.....not easy, I'm addicted to carbs! Xxx

since the beginning of the year I hate to say this for fear of getting lynched haha I have only put on 1.8kg which is roughly 4lbs-ish am I going to be one of the lucky ones or I am suddenly gonna wake up and be like a hoose end lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back