How much weight should you gain?

nickilubs

Reaction score
Okay I have heard that 20-25 in total is about normal.. But what would be the average weight gain for 1st tri? I have lost a stone after I was being sick loads and haven't gained it back at all. So just a wonder if I should of started gaining any yet?

sorry to be dumb but 20 - 25 what?? Pounds???

It's a bummer for me actually, I'd just started back weight watchers at the begining of this month and had done loads of excersize and I'd lost 11lb in the past four weeks!!

I guess that's all going to come back soon. Oh well, it's worth it.

I think everyone is wildly different, especially in 1st tri. There are those who throw up all the time and lose lots of weight, those who are not too keen on food and who lose a bit of weight, those who maintain the same weight and those who get baby munchies and put on lots.
My recommendation is to not weigh yourself. Over the last 30 weeks I have seen lots of people worrying that they have put on too much or not enough weight. I don't have scales so I'm not worried about my weight. I am a bit worried about my diet because of the amount of cream eggs I am now eating :oops:
There is no normal weight to have gained at any point - that's why midwives (or at least most midwives) don't weigh you except possibly at your first appointment. There is average weight gain but that doesn't mean anything. The average birth weight is 7lb 5oz I think. My baby could be 7lb or 9lb or anywhere in between and it would be normal.
Don't worry. Try to eat healthily but don't beat yourself up if you can't stomach anything or only want to eat toast. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

theres a thread somewhere with a link to a website which will calculate from your height and weight how much wieght gain is normal, mine says nearly 3 stone :shock: not gonna happen!!
TBH i dont think there is a normal gain, everything i've been reading says by 20 weeks i should have put on 10-15 pounds, i've put on 4 maximum yet i know from my scan everything with the baby is normal etc so i'm happy about that lol

I'm not really worried about putting weight on obviously I don't wanna be a hefalump though but I was just wondering for wondering really. :D

My sister put on 6 stone with each of her 3 kids :shock:
I'm hoping that doesn't run in the family!

I put on a stone in my 1st trimester last time,and all together put on about 4 stone. This time I've been really sick and not really in the mood for food and Ive just put on 3lbs.But my bump has all of a sudden appeared.I'm on slimming world and Im staying on it throughout my pregnancy as I want to keep an eye on my weight as I dont want to put as much weight on as last time.But saying that I am not going to get obsessive over it.i think 1 and a half to 2 stone is the average but everyones different it depends how your body carries your pregnancy.
xx

I put on 3 stone with my daughter, which was alot for me really but i wasnt too worried-and i lost it pretty quickly though breastfeeding and chasing about. This time round i dont think i will put on as much as i'm running around after my daughter, i've lost a few pounds already.

I think everybody is different, and it dosnt matter how much or how little you put on as long as your happy!

Amy xx

OOooo, i hope i dont gain 3 stone!!! :shock:
i think i must have gained a little quite early on, but not too much i dont think.

hello,

I didn't gain anything until this week because of the sickness. the baby seems to be growing nicely so I don't think it's a problem. I think every woman is different.

Also I've much better diet since finding out I was pregnant so I think that helped a lot.

Alex xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back