Weight Gain

DaisieBee

Reaction score
Just saw my MW and we were discussing diet etc. I am a bit over weight but have always carried it off because am quite tall. What sort of weight gain is normal in first 12 weeks and what weight (if any) have you gained?

I am showing now and look pregnant, I have gained around 4 pound.

It is expected that you would gain 3 or 4lbs in first trimester hun so thats just fine. I gained a massive 5 stone with my last pregnancy because I really let myself go and ate everything! I wont allow myself to do that this time as I'm still overweight from first pregnancy :(

Thanks, I felt terrible after MW left as when I told her I had put weight on, she could see that anyway, she said 'well, thats not the baby as baby is tiny' and made me feel terrible. Asked about diet and said to be careful! Hubby didnt help by chiming in with 'You do eat a lot of chocolate and drink a lot of full-fat milk' and then the two of them sat discussing my weight and how to keep it down! It probably seemed worse than was because of hormones and sensitivity but felt like fat ugly lady when she left. Was so proud of bump and trying to show it off, now I feel like I should wear bagy jumpers and hold my tummy in!

That's really mean!!!! :evil: Nobody needs people ganging up on them discussing their weight!

I'm normally a size 6-8 and have always been tiny - and I just know there are a whole load of people waiting to pounce on the fact that I will finally put on some weight.

My husband has already started calling me 'fatty' and 'chunk' - charming! :lol:

If it makes you feel better, I've already started to gain a little weight and I'm only 5 weeks :hug:

I'm overweight because of my last pregnancy! trying to be careful this time as I don't want to gain alot because it was awful at tri3 and I developed conditions because of my massive weight gain! such as carpel tunnel syndrome and increased heart burn and shortness in breath. and worse i felt unfit while giving birth! but guess what? If I follow the healthy weight gain which is about 15-20 KG I will end up as I was with my first pregnancy :(

god Daisie.. if my other half had done that id have gone mental.. Id have blacked his eyes.. lol.. he just wouldnt though.. cos hes under the thumb.. lol

*hugs*

x x

i gained around 2lb in first tri ive now put on 2 1/2 stone but eat mainly fruit and veg with this pregnancy. with my other pregnancies i gained about 3 stone in total. before having children i was a size 8-10 after each one i went to a size 12 so not too bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back