Weight gain! Sorry... have to ask..

Lewa

Reaction score
So, tomorrow I'm 7 weeks pregnant and I've already gained about 2,2lbs... I've read between 2-5 lbs in the first three months is healthy, but in a way I've really only been pregnant for about 4 weeks (implantation) so I feel like I shouldn't have gained this much already! And that's despite being nauseous and sick this whole 6th week... I am tall though (almost 5'8" so I guess that means I can gain towards the upper end of the "healthy" limit rather than the lower.. but still :p)

Hope I'm not rude here.. but how far a long are you, and how much have you gained? Just hoping I'm not alone here! And I bet some of you must have been wondering the same thing :p

Hey lewa, Im not weighing myself, dont want to get paranoid n cut back n end up depriving baby.
I do feel bloated and that my tummy is sticing out, but dont forget ur weight gain could be water and if u usually gain before ur period all of that is still obviously inside making a nice lil house for ur baby.
Try not to get too hung up hun, my main concern is how im gonna keep this bloaty tum hidden for another 5 weeks at work, yikes!! x

Thanks... I guess you're right (I usually gain between 3-5 lbs on my period!) I've actually lost those 2 lbs again, and now I weigh exactly the same as before I got pregnant, so now that worries me! :p I just started a new job that involves a LOT of walking though and with the nausea and vomiting I guess losing a couple of pounds makes sense. I've read online that by now it would be normal to have gained a couple of lbs, but that loosing weight or staying the same is also normal if you have ms... so I guess everything's normal... But it's hard not to worry!

I'm still curious about how more of you here are getting on weight wise! :p But maybe most people don't weigh themselves this early??

I'm 12 weeks now and have actually lost 5.5lbs in the last few weeks (although put on about 3 before that). Had been going to slimming world so just carried on going until I can "announce it" so that's the only reason I know my weight. I haven't been trying to lose weight (of course if I had nothing would have happened) but just not been feeling great so not eating as much. I have fat club tonight so will find ut what the verdict for this week is soon - probably put on tho, as I seem to have my appetite back - oops.

I never ever weigh myself - too cowardly, lol!! I can always tell by my tightest pair of jeans.

Sadly, midwives weigh you at each meeting, so I know what I weigh for the first time since my wedding.

Last edited:
Hey

I'm 7 weeks also and definately have a rounder tummy. I know it's mostly all bloating but i seem to have put weight on already.

I'm about 5"7 and slim, any weight of this kind already notices because of my build so i need to be a bit careful at work, especially after i've eaten!!

Really groggy today, bloated and very sickly on top of that i still have a cold which is not shifting so I'm propper moody today.

Not complaining though, love all my symptoms ;0)

I feel very bloated around my middle.Feel quite slim in the morning but by evening I feel like a wee piggy!
I really don't want to put on too much weight as I know how hard it is to lose afterwards!
I think once the horrible sicky feeling passes, my appetite will be easier to control.When you feel so bad and only eating makes you feel better you just have to go with it!

i am not going to weight myself..i will just worry. my bmi is already too high so i know they will give me that 'you are overweight' look......so i figure as long as i eat as healhty as possible then i am trying my best for me and my boo boo xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back