Weight Gain question...

I was a good size 14 before pregnancy. Am wearing 'large' sized maternity clothes from H&M and have some size 14 stuff from Mothercare that's getting tight. Bought some joggies from Peacocks the other day just to wear under my bump around the house and got them in a 14-16, they are so tight round my ass that I had a ass cleavage like Andy from Little Britain. Not attractive!

My bump has stayed tidy for some reason, but I've put on weight everywhere else - bum, thighs, hips, arms, face, fingers (wedding ring is v v v tight but I refuse to not wear it!), and I even noticed the back of my neck was looking well padded when I looked in the mirror today. Only comfy clothes I can wear are a pair of size 16 maternity joggies from Next (they are blissfully comfy and have been washed and tumbled so many times!) and DH's biggest T Shirts. I bought lots of pairs of comfy pants from M&S at the weekend (DH calls them Sunday pants!).

I was really worried that everyone else started at 8-9 stone and were all there with your little bums and tidy bumps and I was the big blimp. A lot of the women that I know that have been pregnant lately (my Aunt is one of them) were little size 10s before they got pregnant and only seemed to put on a football in front of them when they were pregnant (which disappeared the second they gave birth!). I've been feeling like a right freak!

my sister was like that, she was a size 8 - 10 before getting pregnant and all she had was this neat little bump, looked like she had put a footall up her top. she had her baby at the begining of dec and almost has her figure back already, grrrr! lol

I just posted a pic of my bump in the tummy thread, i think i have put weight on a bit on teh tops of my legs looking at it

You definately dont look 16 stone Layla, you look really neat!

thanks hun, i certianly feel it tho lol, my body has been going like a dead weight alot lately

im 5 foot 4 and im now about 16 stone i was just under 14 before i found out i was pregnant

Hi all you'll prob hate me I was 9 1/2 stone (5ft 6) before being pg and now weigh in just over 11 1/2 stone I am one of those annoying ones that looks like I have a football up my top although I know for a fact I wouldnt get my normal jeans over my thighs right now!! But they seem to think I'm measuring big or just on the limits of normal. But if its any consolation I know someone who gained 7 yes 7 stone when pregnant and she had an average sized baby alot of it was water retention! So never fear there is always someone who will have been bigger than you!

lol We do not dislike slim people lol

All of my friends are slim or even skinny and some of them you would not even tell they were pregnant!!!

It was the best time to stop smoking though cause you can put the weight gain on top of the pregnancy bit!!!!

Hope I will not start smoking again, start to have dreams back about it!!!! It is weird how you think you got rid of the cravings and that but it is coming back at some point!!! (OH smokes about 40 a day) That would be a shame though but I am breastfeeding so another excuse not to smoke :)

Well they say you aren't supposed to put on a lot with your first-what a joke that is- pre pregnancy I was a 12 weighing in at 10.5 stone, being 5ft 11 inch that WAS slim, now I am a size 20 weighing in at 14stone 6lbs-well that was 4 weeks ago. Dread going on the scales now. I weigh more than my OH, that is worrying! I need to post a pic on and let you see how titanic I am, it's quite funny. Will get OH to help me do it when he gets in!

PS I still haven't reached the blooming stage yet! :cry:

Well I was 11st8 before (size 14) and now I am 13st3 size 16 on the thighs). I have been a size 14/16 most of my adult life so, somehow, I still look pretty normal everywhere except for my bump. (But my belly has always stuck out, so in some clothes I just look like I have eaten too many pies so I stick to close fitting stuff so that people can see it is actually a baby and not fat.)

I'm still not the heaviest I have ever been though. My heaviest was back in 2000 when I was 13st7, and going through a bit of a rough patch with my family. So I'm not quite back at my heaviest yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back