Weight Gain

positivity :)

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

do any of you know how much weight you have put on so far?

I'm 27 weeks and today i weighed myself, i've gained 1st 11lbs so by next weekend it will be 2 stone and i still have 13 weeks to go. I'm generally putting on about 2-3lbs a week. the plan was 1lb a week but i've not done that for weeks now.

so if i carry on at 2lbs a week i'll gain another almost 2 stone and if i continue at 3lbs a week it will be another 2 and a half stone :cry:. i was trying really hard to make it no more than 2 stone as recommended but finding it hard.

xx

you can lose whatever you gain once baby is here, more important to make sure little one is growing well than about the numbers on the scales.

My weight gain has slowed to a stop now, but i've gained about 16lbs, had a lot of extra padding pre pickle though, so my healthy weight gain range was lower.

dont worry chick......you will lose it all again once baby is here. stop weighing yourself...thats an order.. :D xx

Don't worry hun, it's normal to gain 2-4 stone so you are still on the low end of the 'normal' scale.

So far I've gained around 1st 8lbs.

I gained about 2 stone when I was pregnant with my son.

I put on 12 kilos... I was also putting 1-2 pounds every week before, but then it just stopped... So I wouldn't worry - if you are putting on weight so fast now, it could easily stop/slow down later

thanks ladies but i've put on more than all of you and your way ahead of me :cry: its so annoying. i'm worried that after he is here i'm going to be too tired to get to the gym :( i think i started really well so its just a bit of a shock to realise how much i've suddenly gained. xx

Hey pos, try not too worry, I've gained the same as you and are the same about of weeks. I reckon I've gained a kilo or two per boob as gave give from c cup to f :eek:) just baby alone now weighs 2lb ish so just add up placenta, increased blood volume, fluid etc and I doubt there's much we won't shift after the birth Xxx try and embrace it, its only temporary

i know, i really need to think like that. i put on a stone and a half before i got pregnant due to being put on steriods so it just feels like so much :(

thanks everyone, i really hope i don't sound like i'm being petty, of course the most important thing is that my lo is healthy but it just got to me a bit today xx

Hun try not to worry, if u r eating 3 healthy well balanced meals a day, not too much sweet stuff/junk food/snacks and keeping up on the light exercise then this weight gain is no issue and will be dealt with after baby is gone and to be honest most of it will be baby and all the required baby growth stuff anyhow. Don't stress over this as you are doing something amazing and unpredictable with your body at the mo and your body is controlling this weight gain if u r eating normally to make it better for baby.

thank you :hugs:

i have had too much sweet stuff i know that, i'm going back to three meals a day and my graze boxes in between. i never thought i'd get so worried, i think that early on i didn't gain much at all and thought i was on course for 2 stone it total but then out of nowhere its just jumped on.

thanks for your help girls xx

Your not alone I'm a bit depressed about it now too as I'm piling it on now whereas I was only putting on a pound a week before tri 3 at most. I'm just so hungry and have lost all self control think i spend the whole day grazing as cant do big meals now, I dread weighing myself each week despite still going to the gym every day it's making no difference anymore as I'm so slow! I've really tried to only eat healthily snacks though, ok they still have calories but at least stuff like nuts, yogurts and cereal have lots of good things for baby! I would happily eat cakes or sweets all the time though........ Strange cos I couldn't stand sweet stuff until tri 3! Hope this sweet craving passes once baby is here!

what do you do at the gym hun? i know my other problem is lack of excersize. i drive everywhere, even to work! xx

Just the normal machines and stuff but at a slow pace, weights at a high rep and the suspension trainer, although that's getting harder now too!

I've gained 4 pounds :( was upset about my weight at one point but I must have lost aswell as gained. My midwife said I need to gain. My crazy body x

Last edited:
since being pregnant ive only gained 9 pounds, but midwife says its all baby & not me.. & boobs! :( for me its a good as my BMI was high when i was early on & didnt want to make it any worse :/ You'll lose alot of weight once little ones ere :) xxx

I Put on 8lb until I was in tri 3 now iv put over a stone :(

i have no idea and dont wanna get into the trap of weighing as i do understand that my baby is now ove 6lb plus water and everything else, me boobs have gone up 2 cup sizes too! so its not your true weight at all that you would be weighing. Stuff the numbers and figures as long as you feel ok and baby is getting what they need thats all that matters xxxx

ive gained 12 kilos which seems a lot but it has been pretty steady throughout, i gained nearly 3kilos one week but the lost half a kilo the following weeks, ive now started to gain again but my appatite is getting smaller.

i dont mind if i stay this weight but i dont want to lose weight before he arrives.

I gained at least 3 stone when i was pregnant and also like you about a stone before hand for some reason, not sure why - i also ate a load of sweet stuff towards the end. However, the good news is, it's three weeks since my Tom boy was born and i've already lost 2 stone! Half a stone being him and its got to be a stone in water. I read somewhere that its natural for your body to store fat in preparation for feeding when your baby is here - its all natural. Don't worry, trust your body. My appetite and sweet craving has totally gone too.

I gained at least 3 stone when i was pregnant and also like you about a stone before hand for some reason, not sure why - i also ate a load of sweet stuff towards the end. However, the good news is, it's three weeks since my Tom boy was born and i've already lost 2 stone! Half a stone being him and its got to be a stone in water. I read somewhere that its natural for your body to store fat in preparation for feeding when your baby is here - its all natural. Don't worry, trust your body. My appetite and sweet craving has totally gone too.

thanks, that makes me feel a lot better xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back