Weight Gain Shocker :-(

Jaidy

Reaction score
I havent weighed myself since I was 20 weeks pregnant and made the silly mistake of weighing myself today.

I weigh 12 and a half stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its awful, I was between 9 and a half and 10 stone pre pregnancy so that means I have put on nearly 3 stone and I still have just over 8 weeks to go. Im gonna be well over 13 stone by the time I give birth.

It probably sounds so shallow and I wish I hadnt weighed myself now but I feel terrible. I must be eating way to much to have put on that much weight and feel a complete failure at the moment to be honest.

I am body conscious, as I have struggled with eating disorders in the past and am petrified that il struggle to lose the weight post baby.

I hope this thread doenst sound self centered etc but I had to tell you guys cos im feeling so very low about this and had to get it off my chest :cry:

Aww hun :hug: that's why i am now refusing to weigh myself as i know it'll get to me too, try not worry about it :hug:

when i was pregnant with my son, i weighed myself 2 days before i had him, i went up to just over 13 stone, then a week after i had him i went down to just under 12 stone!!!

Hey hunny, dnt wrry about it, i weighed myslef and i have gained up to now 2 1/2 stone from my pre pregnancy weight, think about ur bundle of joy at the end of it. you need to eat healthily for ur baby.

i have had ed's too, and i kno how hard it is to see my weight going up with n control, but at the end of the day your lil bundle of joy will make up for it...

and when ur running around after your little one the weight wil drop off xx

don't worry hun we can all support each other in loosing the pounds once our babies are here :hug: xx

Don't worrry Jaidy you will be surprised how quickly the weight comes off after you've had the baby, I bet you have a lot of water. Are you going to breastfeed? I am sure this is whats helping me, I haven't lost all my weight but it certainly isn't the awful scenario I thought it would be. I think the main thing is toning up afterwards, you will be fine! I wish I hadn't worried so much in my pregnancy now and I bet you'll wish you didn't too! :hug:

I agree with skatty, you'll be suprised how much weight falls off you quickly without even trying. With my first i was 10 stone pre pregnancy and went ut to about 15 stone! :oops: I weighed myself the day i came home after the birth (about 3 days later) and i was 13.8 and then 2 weeks later without deiting at all i was 12.10. Had to work on the rest but i lost over 2 stone without even trying.

Jade, PLEASE dont worry, you are doing so well with your pregnancy and how you are coping, we all put on weight in pregnancy....I have always had a weight problem, and I refuse to weigh myself now...I am healthy and so is bubba, that the main thing> I am sure my positive attitude is helping-people tell me daily I am glowing and blooming!! I know I am fatter than ever, I see it in photos but I am in awe of my body,and what it is doing

It will fall off once you are looking after your little man

Please dont let this get you down dollface, embrace your curves and how your wonderful body is making a little life inside you

:hug: :hug:

jade stop worryin about ur weight - ur carrying a bubba with 2mths left so of course ur gonna b bigger pre preggas!!

i was 13 and a half stone before i popped, now im 8 and a half!!

breastfeeding helps :wink:

just enjoy ur pregnancy and look forward to seein ur LO!!

My scales have been banned to the loft! Not going to get them out until baby is 6 months old!!!

I agree with what alot of the others have said-don't let it get you down.

I put on nearly 3 stone when pregnant with Mia-i then lost nearly a stone once i had her and the rest seemed to drop off from breastfeeding and walking most places with the pram! So try not to worry and enjoy threst of your pregnancy cos it goes so quick!

Amy xx

Thanks girls you have made me feel alot better, I knew I should never have weighed myself so only have myself to blame anyhow.

Your stories especially, Kay and Kellie have made me feel more positive and the rest of you are so true in what you say.

Thanks again. :hug:

Thats my girl :hug:

I have battled with my weight all my life, constant dieting, and I have found it really hard to cope with the hunger, normally I ignore it, but being PG I give into eat and eat when I have to....whilst all the time worrying about weight. :(

I am so much happier not weighing myself now, and accepting myself, big bum and double chin too. I accept its not long term, and I can lose it one day if I choose too, once bubba is here safe.

And, bubba would be so unhappy if mummy ave up choccie, it makes him/her jig about, so if I give it up now, bubba wont be happy!!??? :wink:

Chin up (or chins in my case), and embrace your beautiful, womanly body and how clever it is :cheer:

zoe c said:
Thats my girl :hug:

I have battled with my weight all my life, constant dieting, and I have found it really hard to cope with the hunger, normally I ignore it, but being PG I give into eat and eat when I have to....whilst all the time worrying about weight. :(

I am so much happier not weighing myself now, and accepting myself, big bum and double chin too. I accept its not long term, and I can lose it one day if I choose too, once bubba is here safe.

And, bubba would be so unhappy if mummy ave up choccie, it makes him/her jig about, so if I give it up now, bubba wont be happy!!??? :wink:

Chin up (or chins in my case), and embrace your beautiful, womanly body and how clever it is :cheer:

Oh Zoe, you always know how to cheer me up :hug: You always say the right things....thank you lol.

Like you, its been great being able to eat whatever I like after all the diets ive been on in the past, and I do worry that once baby is here I wont be able to go back to healthy eating. I used to be so disciplined and im scared I wont be anymore after 9 months of binge eating haha!

We will have to give each other huge support afterwards, spur each other on. However, I wont rush to do it, as I have to come to terms with the fact it will take time and that my body will probably never be 100% the same again, but then thats the sacrifices we make to have a gorgeous, little baby.

Il just have another mince pie.... :rotfl:

oh jade sorry you were feeling down. :hug: :hug:

you'll be fine i know you will and you have a lot of friends on here for support including me xx we'll all do it together :dance:

You will be too wrapped up in that gorgeous baby to worry about the odd lump or bump here and there....I spotted a stretch mark on my hip last night, and said to Lee "Ah, that will be like a war wound when LO is here, a reminder of how my body coped and a constant reminder of this special time"

He is so sweet, he didnt go "EEEEUUUUGGGHH" like I thought, it just thought my description was sweet. Sucker!!! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back