Weeks leading up to baby moving - did you worry?

sunnyday

Reaction score
Hi Girls :wave:

I'm finding that I keep getting a bit worried that everything is ok... the 12 week scan went well, but it just seems ages until the 20 week scan.

Did you girls find the weeks leading up to baby moving difficult? Did you worry that everything was ok?

I had an ok first Tri, no sickness but generally felt awful and was completely shattered. I now seem to be feel pretty normal, with just a bit of tiredness and some round ligament pains.

The 20 week scan seems ages away, how do you reassure yourself that everything is ok?

im exactly the same. I only had my 12 week about 3 weeks ago, but ive started fretting again. Everything went great at the scan, but now its all gone quiet and ive got another bloody 6 weeks to wait to my next scan..... :(

i feel the same had a scan at 15 wks but felt movement by now with daughter so i fret all the time. but frettin wont help i know dopplers do ease some ladies minds i am trying to get a ceap one off ebay.

my daughter fell with her hand on to my bump last wk and thats got me worried too.
sending flutter vibes to you

marie
16+6

I am worrying too. My baby as very still at both scans I've had up until now (I have been reassured this is normal) and I haven't felt any movement yet (wouldn't expect to really) but it doesn't stop me worrying. Would buy a doppler but have a lot of padding and if I can't find the heartbeat, I'll be in even more of a state. :roll:

Just have to tough it out I guess. Come on bean...... move!!

With u all the way...was just discussing this last night with hubby. Its also because i have one mid wife appointment, no matb1, its almost as if i'm not pregnant! I keep looking at scan to reassure myself...think i may buy doppler too!

I'm feeling the same, especially since I was really ill with the flu last week.
Will feel so much better when I can feel baby moving.

Mine was very quiet at the scan too, sat on it's head the whole time and hardly moved, lazy git :lol:

I am definately worrying a bit, as i had my scan at 10 weeks and having to wait a whole ten weeks till my next scan is just sooo long. Cant wait to see baby again.

I do have my 16 week appointment with the midwife on wednesday, hopefully she will find the heartbeat for me to hear as i havent heard that yet.

I'm not worried but VERY impatient.

Sometimes I lie in bed trying to see if I can feel something but ... nope...

I have my scanb soon so I hope everything is fine. Mostly I haven't had symptoms but the baby was pretty active at the 12 weeks scan (doind sit-ups)...

Can't wait.

My mother said that if I haven't felt is so far it must be a boy "because they are slower"... :wink:

I think that is the problem after the scan = your hormones have evened out and you feel normal, there is no baby bump and you can't feel it moving! When I was 16 weeks and went to the midwife I heard the heartbeat for the 1st time which reassured me! I first felt baby around 18 weeks but now it doesn't stop!

I'm the same!

I only had my scan a week ago but I'm fretting already!!!

I'm seriously considering booking some private scans :oops:

My doppler made the biggest difference to me. There has been a couple of times I couldn't hear the heart (I think when my uterus was rising) but I KNEW that sometimes happens so went about my day and listened later. 9 times out of 10 I get it straight away.

It's made the bigest difference to me but I know it isn't for everyone.

We all seem to have the same fears and impatience, its a long ol wait.

I am convinced I have felt a few bubbles and a poke last night, only happens though when I am just about to fall asleep then it wakes me up cause I get so excited. I'm not sure I will feel kicks for a while yet though cause I have an anterior placenta boooo.

I have my 16 week check up with my midwife tomorrow so I am hoping to get to hear the hearbeat again wohooo!

Still feeling exhausted though and on and off sick, but have been feeling much better the last few days. I think I am just sick of work - 5 months to go :rotfl:

Thanks for all your replies, it sounds as if we all share these feelings, which is reassuring as it's obviously completely normal!

Don't think I'm going to get a doppler though, got 16 week midwife appointment next week so hoping I'll be hearing baby's heartbeat then.. :)

i didnt worry tht much i was just impatient. i bought an angelsounds doppler from ebay. £33 including delivery it was a godsend. and i kept looking at my scan pic, scanned it, printed it on paper and laminated it, so the real one didnt get damaged in my handbag. that helped a lot cos i didnt really feel pregnant, its only in the last few weeks ive started to feel and look pregnant, i still worry tho! bubs sleep pattern isnt very regular so i worry when it doesnt move at times it used to move. i dont think u ever stop worrying about ur baby, even once its grown up!

I've decided not to get a doppler. I think it will make me worry even more :lol:

I will definitely but a doppler later on. They didn't have them ten years ago and if I'd had one then who knows how different things might have been. The last tri is absolute pergutory for me if the baby is quiet so a doppler will at least help me keep my sanity and give my poor midwives a bit of relief from hysterical phone calls at all times of the day and night. I won't buy one yet as I don't know how easy it is to find the heart beat early on and I'll just end up hysterical if I can't find it. :roll:

i swear, i thought i'd be uber-paranoid if i got a doppler - using it all the time etc... but actually, i only used it about three times a week. i love it - and OH loves being able to hear trog too. i'm using it even less now i can feel trog, but still plugging it in for OH cos he can't feel kicks on the outside yet...

Funnily enough I have just been out with a pregnant friend for dinner, and she told me she had her doppler in the car! Of course I couldn't resist, had a listen and heard baby's heartbeat going ten to the dozen!

I have the best of both worlds now, if I'm worried, I just borrow her doppler - hurray!

I never got a doppler as I am a bit of a panic head and really didn't want to invite all the trauma of searching (and perhaps not finding the HB). I never had one fifteen years ago in my first pregnancy either, and my son was born a healthy eight pounder. I decided that I'd rather let nature prevail and trust my body and all has always been fine with me in that respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back