"20 Week" scan at 17.5 weeks - too early i found o

Julia

Reaction score
hi girls!

I posted a couple of days ago to say that my 20 week scan was actually booked at 17.5 weeks (which was today).

When I went in the sonographer said that even though she would do the scan, I would have to go back again at 20 weeks for another one because it was booked to early!! She said that everything looked great but just to cover her back I needed to go back in 2 weeks....

She did say though that my placenta was laying across the "exit"!?! Will it move??

Love seeing my baby anyway so I am pleased about that news!

Julia xxx

Sometimes the placenta does move up, you will probley get another scan in the last tri to check to see if it has moved.
Good luck with your scan in 2 weeks :)

Thanks Sarah113,

Just been reading up on "low lying placenta" and it said the same: I will be called back in the third tri for scan. Most women find that the placenta has moved up and everything is fine for a normal delivery...

Thanks for your reply,

Julia xx

Yay 2 scans! I guess it will squidge over? hummmm not sure....either that or baby will wiggle its way around it you wouldn't give birth to placenta then the baby after :)

Yay on the extra scans!! :D
Yeh I think most do move up as your womb grows! Fingerscrossed for you hun! :D :hug:

congrats on the extra scan :) we nearly did that as they booked us in at 16 weeks when midwfie wanted it to be at 19+... but midwife noticed phoned them up to correct it hehehehe dam that woman!

At my 20 week scan the placenta covered the cervix. I had another scan at 34 weeks to check the positioning. It had moved :dance:

Thanks for your replies,

Yes - after more research I have discovered the placenta, in 80% of women does move up at some point...

If not, it is total bed rest for 8 weeks before delivery - HOW ON EARTH CAN I DO THAT WITH A TWO YEAR OLD???? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Should be fine though!

Julia xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back