Baby kicks stopping

Tiggy26

Reaction score
For the past 3 weeks our baby has been kicking away constantly, however, for the last 3 days i have noticed that he hasnt been moving as much :cry: i know he is ok becuase ive listened to him on the doppler & I had my 20 week scan last Thursday and everything was great, i just cant help woundering whats wrong :? i feel him every now and then but nothing like before.

Has anyone else experienced their baby kicks slowing down?

T xxx

Maybe it's because he's had a bit of a growth spurt and doesn't have as much room to move? It's normal for them to go quiet, just as long as you're feeling some movement. :hug:

It worth giving the hospital/MW a ring if your concerned about not feeling baby so much and they can check you over, its probably just babys position meaning you cant feel the kicks or something though im sure its nothing to worry about. :hug:

Try not to worry hun. It could be that your baby is facing in and so you wouldn't feel the kicks so much that way.

I wish mine would move back like that....it never ever seems to stop :wall:

He might have just moved position Tiggy so you can't feel him so much. :D

Tiggy,

Please ask you midwife to check. Abrupt changes in baby's activity aren't always a good sign and for your own peace of mind, it would be worth getting it checked out.

I'm sure everything will be fine XX

In situations like this I always advise the same thing.
Turn the TV off, sit in a quiet room and relax. Have a very cold drink like iced water, or an ice lolly. Gulp it down and baby should feel it and not like the cold. Then hopefully you will feel movements.
If you sit for 20 minutes and still feel nothing give your MW a ring, but try not to worry, like the girls say it may just have changed position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back