Wedding Invite Question

tinkerbell86

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering for opinions on my and OH's situation.

Baby is due on the 9th Oct and OH's really good friend is getting married on the 23rd Oct (2 weeks exactly after my due date). Tonight we have got home to find their invitation had arrived and inside it mentions sorry but due to restrictions we are unable to invite children.

I understand people dont want children at their weddings because they can be disruptive but our baby will be days if not a max of around 2 weeks old and won't eat or drink anything or take up much space. I don't know whether to mention it to them or how to RSVP. :wall2:

We don't want to not go as the groom is a really good friend to OH but i don't know if i would be able to leave the baby for the whole day with family when it is so young.......my mum thinks we should just take baby if it's here by then as all our friends (who are also all invited) and the couples family know we're expecting a baby!!

I just don't know what to do!!! Any suggestions would be so helpful!!

I can see positives and negatives for having children at weddings. It might not be that they take up space and need feeding - a baby crying half way through your 'i do's' can be quite off-putting....

We're invited to a wedding on 25th Sept of which kids aren't allowed to - it's OH's cousin's wedding. Even though our baby will be about 6 weeks old i'm still reluctant to leave him/her at home...My Mum said she'll have baby for a few hours whilst we go for ceremony and sit down meal. We'll be leaving shortly after so we're not away long.

Last edited:
Have a word with your friend! I see where you coming from, your not gonna wanna leave your newborn with someone else for the day but you still want to go. If their close friends they will understand!
Ive got a wedding on the 23rd too and it's 5 days before im due! Ive already told my friend that if i haven't had him, i'll come but if i have theres no way im leaving him at home! She totally understands! x x

Thanks!! I can see both sides too as previous weddings i have been to have had varied opinions on children!!

Lacey's Mummy it's not the same wedding is it? lol!!

i know OH's friend will be approachable but it's his future wife as we have to book in their diary about 3 months in advance in order to see them!!! And last time my OH saw his friend he was allocated a 2 hour slot to see him (although they were out for double this lol!!).

I was wondering how people felt about leaving their newborns as we are both quite nervous about this as this is our first and we will be in our new home by then (fingers crossed) so everything will be strange!!

Lol is it in bath?? When I had Lacey it took me 6 months to leave her and go out but I came home after an hour cos I missed her too much! You might be different though. If you do go make sure you enjoy yourself :D

Yeah - i'm not going to be overly comfortable in leaving our 6 week old LO with my Mum for OH's cousin's wedding in Sept but I suppose we can show up for a few hours. 2 weeks after birth is a different story, i'd definately be staying at home...tough call though x

why not mention that you might be breastfeeding so you cant leave bubs with anyone and would it be a problem taking LO ?

I think I would stay at home and let OH go on his own. One of our friends had to do that at another friends wedding; we gave her a call during the reception and she sounded so exhausted I don't blame her for not coming!!

if you want to go then ask do they mind bringing the baby, some bridezillas won't want a baby there incase it gets all the attention though :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back