Baby showers

rachaellouise

Reaction score
I know it is too early for me to really be thinking about this BUT obviously I have been :blush:

Anyway, when do you plan to have one?

I have a plan in place, just got to clear it with my parents...

I am thinking do it in June so 2 months before baby is due, have a bbq at my parents house and invite people over there!

Also do you know if you can compile a gift list, like with a Wedding gift list?

Never had one with codie, doubtfull with this one aswell, as I thought that other people are suposed to organize it for you :s xx

my girls surprised me with one yesterday, I personally wouldn't have orgainsed one, it's like people who get married, have an engagement do, a hen weekend in Spain and then expect you to go to the ridiculously expensive hotel in the middle of nowhere and pay for the hotel :lol: each to their own though

mine was in my friends' parents FANTASTIC apartment in the city centre, we had loads of cakes, sandwiches, tea and a little glass of bubbly and they'd all threw a tenner in to get me vouchers for mothercare and a few little outfits, it was very nice and I felt very special and loved :)

As far as Im aware your friends are meant to arrange it for you....so I wouldnt be arranging one for myself and IF I do end up having one I DONT want any gifts....Im just uncomfortable about 'expecting' things of people.......

One of my friends has been in touch with my daughter and has talked about throwing a shower for me but Im trying my best to put her off...

I prefere to let folk come round after the baby is born if they want to and its up to them if they want to buy anything....

But if its waht you want to do go for it...each to their own and Im sure it will be fun....xx

I'm with you on this one Wilma. I think it is a bit rude to expect people to buy your child a gift even before it's been born. Baby showers are American and not popular in Northern Ireland. If people want to buy a small gift after the birth that's their decision and one that has not been forced on them.

Yeah it's supposed to be organised by friends. Two of my friends were going to organise one but I've said no. I feel like it's a bit cheeky. If people want to buy things for the baby they can but I don't want a special day for it. Folk have been so kind already I'd feel bad.
X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 3 very close friends who wil probs arange a little something for me but im not planning on doing anything myself if they want to buy a small gift then it would be lovely but I wouldnt want anything big or lots of ppl baby showers are popular in america but I find in this country ppl much prefer to come around when baby is born and usually bring a nice gift for baby and even mummy sometimes! so wouldnt worry about it hun if your friends plan something then fantastic but dont be stressing about organising something yourself x

Totally agree with you ladies.....its very american and I think they are far more forward and are ok 'expecting' gifts as its something they just do over there!

As much as it will be lovely to have a girlie get together I personally prefere to wait till the baby is here...after all thats who they will mostly want to see ... not me lol xxx

I have thrown 2 baby showers for close friends that were expecting one a surprise and another she knew about it, but never expected any gifts. Normally someone else organises them for you. It is a mainly american thing but starting to become popular over here. If you are going to arrange your own then I wouldnt give out a gift list I think think of some ideas of smaller things you might like just in case anyone asks.

I certainly do not think it is tacky to have a get together with friends and family to celebrate us expecting a baby!
We do not see a lot of our friends as it is and thought it would be a nice way of getting everyone together before the baby is born, I was only asking about the gift list, I had not decided to do that, we just thought it would be a great way of people who wanted to buy us something actually getting something that we wanted or intended to buy ourselves, not that we were planning on forcing anyone to buy us anything!
I was not stressing out about arranging it, to be honest I WAS actually quite excited about doing it, I do not have many female friends and the only ones I do have do not have babies so would not think about throwing a party so I thought we could cut out the middle man and throw a get together ourselves.

Me and my school friends meet for lunch every few months and arranged for us to go to lunch but actually threw me a surprise baby shower 2wks before my due date!was lovely to get together with them and was totally not expecting anything!my friend who threw mine is due in april so her sis is organising a baby shower for her in march and were all going to be there!x

My best friend has organised one for me which is on Saturday i did insist that she tell people I was not expecting presents though asi always feel terribly guilty about stuff like that! I am looking forward to it although I must admit I get tiredand grumpy very quickly these days lol

I don't know anything about baby showers hun but i think its completely upto you what you do.xx

Ahhh Rachel I wasn't saying it was tacky just that its not something normally arranged by us. There's nothing wrong with it and at the end of the day its your choice but you did post so were just giving our thoughts on the subject. Re the list.....yoi mentioned it and again some of ys have just expressed our opinions on the subject and I'm sure nobody meant anything personal by our replies....sorry if we've offended you that wasn't the intention x x

Yeah I didn't mean to offend you at all and I didn't say it was tacky lol. I was just saying how I felt about it for me not for you. It's up to you entirely. I think mamas and papas do baby gift lists online. You could check if mothercare and other places do them too. No one was trying to get at you Hun.
X x x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was probably me ... and my stupid hormones taking things the wrong way!

ive never had 1 and doubt i will on this 1 as i dont really have close friends my life revolves around my kiddies lol

I dont have any kids yet :) however ive enjoyed hosting and attending baby showers. Its fun and nice for girls to get together or mixed and we play games like guess the time and date etc and pin the babies on the mummy etc it really is each to their own, as for the gifts I would get something for the baby after its born if no baby shower so this way its done before if you want too. I say have one if you want one its normally held like 3-6 weeks before the baby arrives.

I've never had one . I think what I would do is have a get together with family and friends a few weeks before baby comes .

No Probs Rachel.....

Im sure it will be lovely if you decide to have one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back