Wedding guest - what to wear?

Toni_Win

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, just wondering if anyone has a good tip for where I can find a reasonably priced dress that can accomodate my coming bump?

I'm going to a wedding in just under 2 weeks and I don't think the dresses I have in my wardrobe are going to fit over my slightly expanded bust and waist. So I need to buy something to wear. Normally I'd go to the Monsoon outlet, or I saw a really stunning dress in the Coast sale in Debenhams at the weekend, but there is no way they would fit me now and they are too expensive for a one wear thing. I've also got a summer ball to go to and a races trip later on in July. I think by then I'll actually be showing (15+ weeks). Fortunately all 3 events are with totally different people so can get away with wearing the same thing to each.

So what I need to find is something that will fit now but not be obviously a maternity dress - because no-one at the wedding will know I'm pg, but then will also accomodate a small bump in a month or so's time.

So I know I want some kind of empire line dress, just wondering if anyone had seen anything that might be suitable and not cost a fortune considering I'll probably only wear it 3 times.

Thanks

Toni.

There are also some lovely maxi dresses around too at the moment. It is summer after all (though you wouldn't know it).

ASOS has a good selection of maternity wear in the clearance section :)

I'm in the same situation and bought a lovely maxi dress. Also went to a clothes swap party and a couple of girls there were a size bigger than me so the dresses perfectly fit my expanding bossom and waist! Do you know anyone you can borrow anything from?

I found a dress in river island for £60 that's got like a chiffon material all down the front so perfects hides a belly, I got it in a jade green nut think they also do it White! It is quite short though I hot it for a hen weekend! Xx

I actually got myself norml maxi dresses and i still fit in them, just get something flowy

Thanks ladies. Some of the stuff on asos is lovely andc great prices. Also hadn't really though about maxim dresses. I've never worn a long dress to a wedding, except my own! But I guess they're so fashionable now it will work.

yeah one of my friends who was pregnant last year was in a maxi dress and she had to tell people she was pregnant cos it hung so well on her! Its definitely a good option cos you can wear it at most stages and afterwards :). Plus loads of people were in maxi dresses at weddings I went to recently! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back