***Weaning Report***

I'm really scared! My HV came today and was asking about how the weaning was going, I told her I was giving him one meal a day (lunch with pudding) and milk the rest of the time. The problem is though he now only takes 3-4oz of milk at each feed and has lost interest in it. She basically said that it was now ok to introduce other meals and to do it quickly! She said I can start to give him weetabix for breakfast and start to think about toast. TOAST! I want to give him puree until he at least leaves home :lol: I am really scared to bring in 'solids'. How did other people manage?
Thanks
xxx

Gene said:
I'm really scared! My HV came today and was asking about how the weaning was going, I told her I was giving him one meal a day (lunch with pudding) and milk the rest of the time. The problem is though he now only takes 3-4oz of milk at each feed and has lost interest in it. She basically said that it was now ok to introduce other meals and to do it quickly! She said I can start to give him weetabix for breakfast and start to think about toast. TOAST! I want to give him puree until he at least leaves home :lol: I am really scared to bring in 'solids'. How did other people manage?
Thanks
xxx

OMG!!! I can't imagine giving toast just yet :shock:

I am gonna wait till Charlie is well established on his 3 meals a day before I start introducing anything like that. At least your HV is giving you some advice, I haven't seen mine since Charlie was 8 weeks old, I have spoken to her on the phone and she said she would send some weaning info in the post, that was about 3 weeks ago :roll:

She has been helpful but I'm still not going to rush things! Going to try weetabix in a bit - see how that goes down!

Thomas is doing well he now has 3/4 a jar for dinner and his lunches are 4 heaped tablespoons of whatever veg ive made and he polishes it all off!!!
xx

How's everyone getting on?

We have been doing well with Charlie having tea, so I have started to introduce a little bit of breakfast and he is taking it lovely and tbh think he was ready for it.

Couple of questions, up to now I have just been giving Charlie a 'main meal' and no dessert at tea time, do I need to start introducing this now? Also, as the amount of food he is having increases, am I supposed to reduce his milk or will he do that naturally himself? (he is still on stage 1 milk atm)

Thanks in advance :hug:

you could give a yougart if you like hun but a baby/kiddies one check the amount of sugar ect in them :)
try to stay away from the jar deserts as he fruit ones are sugary due to the fruit and not overly good for them :)
xx

Anjali has taken to the 'sloppy' baby food now. I started off for a week giving her a babyfood meal (rice or baby porridge) at around 4pm, and for the last couple of days she has had some for her 'second breakfast' too. Im still breastfeeding her about a million times a day aswell!

she also ate some of my potato the other night :)

The pics in this thread are great!

Im not weaning yet.... just being nosey :D

Is anyone elses LO more sick since weaning?? :think:
Ted is possetting loads more, its not loads, just more than he did when just on milk???
Is this normal?

I wouldn't say Charlie has been more sicky, cos he's always been a bit of a puker, but we are definitely having more interesting colours :lol:

:rotfl: ....and the stains!!! If he misses his bib, thats it...top ruined!!! :roll: :rotfl:

As of tomorrow im joining you lovely ladies ive decided to wean Sophie a month early :D

So i got some baby rice in but how much should i offer her i was thinking of giving it to her a lunch time around 1pm.

Bloom said:
As of tomorrow im joining you lovely ladies ive decided to wean Sophie a month early :D

So i got some baby rice in but how much should i offer her i was thinking of giving it to her a lunch time around 1pm.

I just started with a teaspoon mixed with some milk and made it quite sloppy. The best time to give it is when it really suits the two of you, when you can sit and it's nice and quiet and peaceful and you can take your time. Before you know it Sophie will also be covered in all glorious colours of mushy, sloppy food :D

Good luck to you and Sophie, I'm sure you will do great :hug:

Anna - tell me about it :roll: I am gonna have to invest in some oxyclean or something cos all of his clothes are now orange.

Im bumping this thread back up.

Well the baby rice is going down great for us we are only on day 6 but DD loves it and she now sleeps through the night.

How is everyone else getting on.

AnnaR2B said:
Is anyone elses LO more sick since weaning?? :think:
Ted is possetting loads more, its not loads, just more than he did when just on milk???
Is this normal?

Ryan has been on one meal a day since he was about 4 months so last week i upped him up to 2 meals a day and then he started randomly gagging then projectile vomiting up his milk about twice a day at random times of the day! He went through about 3 outfits and blankets a day because it would go EVERYWHERE! so i cut him back to one meal a day and he's fine now. But ive just started giving him random finger food's to as hes sooo interested in food, so far he's had a chip, banana, quaver, biscuit and a rusk. Gonna buy some cucumber, apple and pepper at the weekend for him i think

Bloom said:
Im bumping this thread back up.

Well the baby rice is going down great for us we are only on day 6 but DD loves it and she now sleeps through the night.

How is everyone else getting on.

thomas is still on 2 meals a day brekkie and dinner, but doesnt grumble if i offer him half a bannana around lunchtime he will eat the look!!! have a photo will upload soon :)
have given up on homemade food though now due to a combination of not having the time and them not being as filling for him so its jars for dinner and porridge for brekkie :)
xx

We are having weetabix for breakfast, lunch is now lumpier than puree (but still easy to swallow) and consists of vegetables with some protein. I think I need to introduce tea but I dont know what to give him. Is it just another meal like lunch? I also want to try him with finger foods but I'm so scared - last week I gave him some toast but I chickened out and took it off him. What are the best finger foods to start with do you think?

Thanks

i hear carrot sticks are good to start with some banana purhaps?
dinner would be just like lunch yes they dont mind if its the same :D
xx

photos of Thomas enjoying some food :)
firstly my apple :)
091108081041-1.jpg

then half a banana :)
092008115156-1.jpg

and a photo of him in his new highchair clean for once :)
091408161704-1.jpg

xx

Was wondering when to introduce finger foods? Not long before she's 6 months - eep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back