***Weaning Report***

AnnaR2B said:
I do a bottle at 7am, 12pm, 5pm and 7.30pm still about 7/8oz depending on how hungry he is....is this too much with the food do you think??

Ooh Bee - those feeders are quite good to put a hard section of rusk in, then they can teeth on it (while hard) and then suck the mush!! :lol:

I give Finlay 7oz for his bottles and with food he gets 5oz made up, porridge mixed and he drinks the rest ;) I also offer him water but he's not keen :lol:

I might try one then - he's gnawing at everything :lol:

I dump mine in the cold water steriliser, just to get the final bits out! :rotfl:
Don't think it hurts?
Back on bottles, how many oz do u feed your LO? I'm now wondering if i am giving him enough after reading u guys, he is waking again at nights now..but i didn't think it was hunger? (his dummy)

Becky has 7oz with every bottle but at least twice out of the times she gets one she only takes 5. I always make up 7oz because I can't predict which feed she'll take less at! She absolutely loves water but it's more for the novelty factor! She can use the free flowing sippy cup but is currently OBSESSED with glasses. I can't have her near a table with them on because she is constantly straining to get to people's drinks and then cries her eyes out when we move them away! :rotfl:

Finlay has an obsession with glasses and cans :lol:
And crisp packets

Oh and the remote now he's figured how to pick it up himself

Ted loves remotes (esp Sky!!) and mugs - think its coz of the patterns, he watches avidly when we drink tea! :lol:

Wow you are all doing fantastic :D

I am still a bit scared to give finger foods atm, really gonna have to get over it, or he's gonna be eating puree when he's 18 :roll:

Charlie is still taking about 7oz on each feed and he's having 4 bottles a day, must say am finding it a nightmare fitting meals and bottles around school run. I just think I've found a routine that fits, then it doesn't work for some reason, might be a bit better when he's having lunch as well.

Have bought the Annabel Karmel book for some inspriration so poor baby can have something a bit more exciting than sweet potato and butternut squash :lol:

Have any of you tried avacado yet and how did it go?

I haven't tried Finlay wit finger foods yet so don't worry - we r still on the purees ;)

Well we tried the bolognese for lunch and it went down a treat (except at the very end, he coughed and a few pasta shells came out :rotfl: , they must have been in his cheeks). I made some minestrone this afternoon and gave him some for tea and again he seemed to really enjoy it! Even gave a tiny piece of bread to hold and suck on with me standing very close ready to pounce at the first sign of choking but he managed it quite well :lol: .

Well done sweetie, seems to have gone down a well :D

I've invested in the AK cookbook and am gonna be a bit more adventurous I think. Did you use the AK pasta?

Please can we join you|??? Started weaning bethany last week she had baby rice for a week so decided to move her on to veg but so far tried butternut squash and sweet potoato and she doesnt seem impressed with either. So tried banana today which she loved. Shes only on one meal a day for now though. SHould i be giving her the same foods for a few days or am i okay to swap and change????

on how much they have and bottles thomas is currently on
6am bottle 7oz
7am porridge with 3 oz milk mixed with it
9am bottle 7oz
12pm bottle 7oz
12:45 bit of banana/kiwi
3pm bottle 7oz
4pm dinner 1 whole jar :oops: or at a very minumum 3/4 of one 1 1/2 oz milk mixed in
6pm bottle 7oz

he will normly drain all the bottles but i wont put him up to 8oz just yet
xx

littleem said:
Please can we join you|??? Started weaning bethany last week she had baby rice for a week so decided to move her on to veg but so far tried butternut squash and sweet potoato and she doesnt seem impressed with either. So tried banana today which she loved. Shes only on one meal a day for now though. SHould i be giving her the same foods for a few days or am i okay to swap and change????

I do the same for a few days ;)

Finlay hated carrot on the 1st day he tried and loved it the second :lol:

Gene said:
Well we tried the bolognese for lunch and it went down a treat (except at the very end, he coughed and a few pasta shells came out :rotfl: , they must have been in his cheeks). I made some minestrone this afternoon and gave him some for tea and again he seemed to really enjoy it! Even gave a tiny piece of bread to hold and suck on with me standing very close ready to pounce at the first sign of choking but he managed it quite well :lol: .

:cheer: so glad he enjoyed it
xx

fifi211 said:
Well done sweetie, seems to have gone down a well :D

I've invested in the AK cookbook and am gonna be a bit more adventurous I think. Did you use the AK pasta?

I didn't buy the AK pasta, I got sainsbury's own really small pasta shells (not specifically for babies) but they seem to do the job! I grated some cheese into the pasta bake today and he ate it all! :dance: Funny thing is though, he smells of garlic!!

I need to think of some different meals now :think: I'll let you know what I come up with!

xxx

Well we're still going but i struggle for ideas already, bethany seems to like carrot but both times shes had it shes been sick, she loves banana too.

When do you know to move on to 2 meals a day???

I moved on when I knew that the first meal was established - I started with lunch for a couple of weeks and then introduced breakfast. I still haven't started tea but hope to do that this week.

My LO has a cold at the moment and although he is still eating, he's being sick more after meals so I'm being cautious with what I give him. It's all due to mucous and phlegm at the back of the throat - poor little man!

I gave him some kiwi in the munchkin feeder and all I can say is that I'm so pleased it was just before bathtime - he was covered in it!! :rotfl:

So is it normal for them to be sick then, or is she eating too much or does the food diasgree with her???

I don't think it's the food as he's being having it for a while (hope it's not my minestrone :lol: ). When you get a cold you get an increase in nasal secretions which drip from the back of the nose down the throat. This can cause the sickness. :(
He seems to be a bit better although is still really bunged up and flushed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back