***Weaning Report***

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
I figured seing as there's a few of us all starting at the same time (Manda&Thomas, DSL & Becky, Fifi & Charlie and me& E) we could have our own little 'chat thread' to support each other.

:lol: I'm dreading Monday but am going out today to but some food pots and veggies.

It's like bottle feddin all over again- working out how to prepare food on the go without using jars etc. :wall:

Thanks to DSL I have a food planner on my fridge! :dance: After a week/10 days of baby cereal Evie's first food wil be..... carrot! :D Orange Nappies... Mmmmmm :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

sorry to crash your thread. Just wanted to say good luck to all you new weaners and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Can I join your club? (Shhhhh don't tell Midna!)

Connie's had baby rice the past couple of days with mixed results!!!! :rotfl:

hehe im cheating a bit though as thomas has been on food for nearly a month already but just rice as dint want to give him anything else untill the 4 month mark really,
so far he has had banana which he really wasnt keen on tbh but loved his carrot and milk,
he had a jar of veg medly lastnight and loved it although im having issues with his cleft it is going in his mouth and out his nose so i need to find a good texture like baby rice as he managed that fine :)
today i am doing a courquette see if he likes that next week back to carrots and i also have a sweet potato to make some lunches with,
my reason for having him on jar in the evening and fresh in the day is because he cant eat loads due to the cleft it not filling him up enough to last him all night if i make the food at tghe moment but the jars do fill him up a bit more so hes only waking at 5am for a feed instead or 3/4am :)
thats my little update anyways
looking forward to helping eachover out
xx

Fab idea Jade :D

Right today Charlie has had a bottle at 7.30am, 12pm, gonna give him some baby rice and bottle at 4pm and then bed time bottle at 8pm.

Really hope this works as would be ideal routine for me next week when Jamie goes back to school next week and fitting feeding times around the school run.

Going to go and buy my ice cube trays and veg/fruit tomorrow and do a batch for next week cos I don't want to use the baby rice for too long.

How long are you all going to be just giving one meal a day for?

thomas had his courquette he loved it i used 1 whole courquette peeled and the middle taken out and 3/4 tablespoons of milk blended gave a really good texture and it made enough for 2 lunches so have frozen the other pot of it :)
fifi thomas had just rice with his dinner 5pmish bottle for about 3 weeks before i started giving him a little bit of porridge at lunch time :) i made it up as the box says 1teaspoon of rice to 1 tablespoon of milk if he has rice now he has 2:2 ratio of milk and rice :)
xx

Well we made baby rice with some banana in it. HV suggested it as a good start and I didn't think much of the rice on its own as it's a bit bland. She grabbed the spoon, opened her mouth and ate off the it like she'd been doing it forever.

Banana has the Becky seal of approval.

DSC_0394-1.jpg

daftscotslass said:
Well we made baby rice with some banana in it. HV suggested it as a good start and I didn't think much of the rice on its own as it's a bit bland. She grabbed the spoon, opened her mouth and ate off the it like she'd been doing it forever.

Banana has the Becky seal of approval.

DSC_0394-1.jpg

Well done Becky :cheer:

I gave Charlie the rice at 4pm and he ate it but I agree that it is a bit bland :? How did you make it up with the banana, is it just a case of making the rice with the formula then mushing the banana in? How much banana did you use?

Im feeling left out :rotfl:

I would join but dd is showing no signs of wanting food.

Good luck to all you ladies though i will keep popping in to see how your getting on.

:wave: Ooh Oooh, can I join please!!! :)

Tho I started about two weeks ago (after being pestered by Peads for weeks, hes really not a well boy with his reflux) so please dont batter me :pray:

Anyways, he loves it, cant get enough of the stuff. Usually just baby rice with a pureed fruit mixed in, or a crushed rusk with milk, with fruit in etc. Idea being to get another two oz of milk in him this way, and make it taste good.

23082008410.jpg

fifi211 said:
I gave Charlie the rice at 4pm and he ate it but I agree that it is a bit bland :? How did you make it up with the banana, is it just a case of making the rice with the formula then mushing the banana in? How much banana did you use?

Just a small piece about an inch's worth mashed up using the AK grinder thingy (didn't think it was worth dirtying the hand blender for) then mixed in with the rice and her milk. The banana is quite sticky so I added quite a bit of milk. Might do another couple of days of that and move onto sweet potato etc.

Funnily enough she has taken her bottle and gone straight to sleep without fuss, usually she will grumble a bit before she sleeps!

daftscotslass said:
fifi211 said:

Just a small piece about an inch's worth mashed up using the AK grinder thingy (didn't think it was worth dirtying the hand blender for) then mixed in with the rice and her milk. The banana is quite sticky so I added quite a bit of milk. Might do another couple of days of that and move onto sweet potato etc.

Funnily enough she has taken her bottle and gone straight to sleep without fuss, usually she will grumble a bit before she sleeps!

Where did you get your AK stuff from?

Charlie has also settled straight down after his bedtime bottle meaning we are not walking the floor with him trying to get him off to sleep :dance:

I actually got a bargain on ebay a while ago. Someone was selling Dr Brown bottles which I needed - I checked the ad and she was selling the grinder, 2 food cube trays, spoons and new sippy cups with them! I got the lot for £8!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol :shhh:

Tis true though, I'm a bargain junkie :oops:

Can I join you too??? We are a couple of weeks off the 6 month mark but I have been feeling Eva might be ready for the last week or so and when I took her to clinic on Thursday I happened to see the weaning lady who agreed we should start and see how she gets on.
I was really happy cos I was worried I might be pushing Eva into it but The HV was very pro-baby led weaning and said to give her banana pieces to play with right from the start even if she just mashes it into her face, I will probably get a better idea how ready she is, and at the same time I can try her with a couple of spoons of baby rice.
Quite excited now I have made a decision and we are going to start tomorrow!!! Yay! :cheer:

I won't be joining you for a while but look forward to reading this thread as I have already been feeling sad about having a 'competitor' for my boobies. So it will be great to hear how you are getting along and prepare myself for the inevitable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back