***Weaning Report***

Meat and Fish from 6 months :D

Evie has started muching on finger food :eek:

I give her bits of banana and apple and she sucks away on them til they are all gone :) she prefers it to purees I think! I guess that means I'm switching over to baby led weaning as well! :lol:

She has been trying toast with baked bean juice too which she loves! :rotfl:

We are still only on brekkie of porridge at the mo. Next week im starting dinner of veggies to see how that goes.

When should i start finger foods?

Can they have any kind of meat? I read in the Annabel Karmel book but the 6-7 month recipes only have chicken and fish. I wanna know if she can have beef, pork and turkey too?
Angel had her first bit of toast today. She loved it. I get bothered with her putting huge lumps in her mouth, and OH doesn't help by panicking!

Bloom said:
We are still only on brekkie of porridge at the mo. Next week im starting dinner of veggies to see how that goes.

When should i start finger foods?

I was advised 6 months for finger foods but Evie has already started grabbing stuff and feeding herself. I just watch her like a hawk!

We are moving towards BLW as of today! She has had fruit (mango, banana, pear) in finger food form for almost 2 weeks now but now that she's 6 months we can move towards more exciting stuff. Lisa, Becky had toast for lunch today too! With a wee bit of humous on it... NOM NOM! Not sure what she'll have tonight, maybe some of the veggies from the casserole I'm making for us (will cook it seperately though because the sauce is a bit salty).

DSC_0179.jpg

Hello :wave: can we join you?
Just started weaning Sam and hoping to benefit from your wisdom!
Its been 10 days now and Sam has had baby rice, apple, pear and carrot purees and luckily nothing has yet been met with his disapproval!
He's only had food at teatime so far, i'm just a bit confused about how to move on to 2 meals a day and when, also when do you all give bottles? Before or after food or at a separate time altogether?
And amounts...i swear he'd keep eating while it kept coming so have only been giving small amounts so far so as not to overload him, what is a good amount to start with?
Sorry so many questions...i was really excited about starting this but suddenly it seems very daunting!
Thanks all x

I'm so crap with this so someone else can correct me if i'm wrong. But i put my food in ice cube trays and freeze. When we started i gave her one cube, after a couple of weeks moved to 2. At 5 months i started giving her a little bit of breakfast and carried on with tea. I'm unsure with bottles but Angel wanted booby feeding half an hour after.

I've been doing it 2 months now and i still find it daunting.

Our day goes something like this (though the morning is in turmoil recently because she's started sleeping through again!).

7am (ish) - Bottle

10am (ish) - Breakfast of cereal and fruit and bottle - she's only been having breakfast about a week and a bit.

Lunchtime - Used to be either fruit or veg but today she had toast with humous (can have things with gluten now, woohoo!) and then some mango.

Late afternoon - Bottle (I think she'll probably drop this one soon)

Dinner time - 1-2 cubes of veg (will be adding meat to her diet soon as she's 6 months) or steamed veg as finger food and a cube of fruit/sticks of fruit for dessert. She doesn't like yoghurty things. She has a drink of water with dinner.

Bed time (7pm) - bottle

Hi, been weaning bethany for a few weeks now but since sat she has been having little bits of breakfast, so our day looks like this, i give her 7oz bottles but she never finishes them:-

9am 7oz bottle and breakfast
12pm 7oz bottle and few spoonfuls of food
3pm 7oz bottle
7pm 7oz bottle

For breakfast she screams when i am making her breakfast so do give milk first?? or food first???

When i am to introduce a meal at tea time what is a reasonable time for babies to eat??

Which bottle will i drop first and when????

Well DD had dinner today for the first time and she loved it. It was carrot.

Littleem i have been giving DD her porridge first them milk after and its worked for us but im not sure if thats the right way :? and we have started dinner for 5 oclock.

Im bumping this back up as i liked this thread.

Well DD has been on dinner for a while now and is loving it :D

We went to messy play today which was peach segments and she loved sucking on them so i think im going to try finger foods for lunch next.

How is everyone else getting on.

Oh and does anyone know what the score with cheese is. Is it just soft cheese i have to avoid?

Evie is 6 months old today and tonight she is going to have some of my pumpkin and turnip soup (I made her some 'sepcially with no salt :D) with a little bit of chicken.... :shock:

I am so glad we're at 6 months- she's going to be a lot easier to feed now as I plan to give her whatever I am eating sans salt and seasoning :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back