***Weaning Report***

i think you can once you have food well established and they can semi feed themselfs :)
thomas quite often has banana and can feed himself it, he was trying to steal my jelly tots the other day :roll:
xx

Everyone seems to be getting on well :cheer:

We are still on breakfast and tea at the moment and things are going well and will probably try introducing a bit of lunch next week :D

This afternoon I'm going to make baby bolognese to freeze and baby minestrone to freeze! Hope it works out ok - I've bought some really tiny pasta shells for both :D

Manda, Thomas looks really good with his finger food - I bought a mesh thing but might not use it now.

thanks :) i was going to get one of those mesh things but he seems to manage ok without them although now he has desided he doesnt like banana anymore lol so wont eat it!!!
xx

Well, I managed the bolognese - I've frozen 6 portions so hopefully he likes it! I tasted it and it was very tasty - I didn't blend it to a pulp so it has a chunky consistency with the little pasta shells mixed in. I'll let you know if it goes down well :D

I made it myself (from Annabel Karmel recipe): onion, garlic, carrot, tomatoes, tomato puree, celery, lean beef mince and stock. Not too flavoursome but not too bland either! I hope he likes it :pray: - first time he will have beef!

Can I join too?

We've been on the food for about 1 month now ;)

Yeaaaah for Finlay joining us on the thread! I managed to get a Munchkin feeder at the weekend and it's great though a pain in the arse to clean. So far have had banana and papaya in it - she cries when I take it away. I also gave her a bit of banana to try which was a hit but she was gnawing lumps off and swallowing them. She absolutely loved it but I was crapping myself :lol:

ooh haven't posted for a bit.
Feeding is going well, Ted is having cereal for brekkie, savoury and fruit for lunch (today was a hipp jar of bolognaise) and dried cauli/brocolli cheese (mixed with formula) for tea. Have sort of given up on the munchkin feeders as they are so bloody hard to clean!!!
I have found that by giving him his milk either an hour before or after the food, not at same time, as i was doing, has made him feed more efficiently...and less :puke: !
:cheer: :cheer:

hee hee we posted about the munchkin at the same time...any cleaning tips?? :pray:

I don't know if Finlay would handle one of them :lol: I might get one to try cos it'll help his teething I suppose ;)

We've had:

Banana Porridge (and other flavours)
Sweet Potato
Carrot
Turnip

Not been doing the savory stuff as much the past few days as he has a stinking cold :(

Did try fromage frais but its too runny for my little drooler and most of it comes out :lol: He likes food thats a bit more solid

We've still to introduce brekkie, so far she has refused it completely so I've not pushed it. How many bottles/feeds is everyone else's LO having. Our day is still something like this...

Early morning - bottle
10am - bottle
Lunchtime - fruit with rice and a bottle
Late afternoon - bottle
5.30pm ish - Savoury and sometimes a cube of fruit if she'll take it with a drink of water
Bedtime - bottle

7/8am - bottle
10/11am - bottle and porridge (less milk than normal)
1/2 - bottle
4/5/6 - veg, porridge and bottle (less milk than normal)
8 - bottle
11 bottle (sometimes)

Going to introduce lunch soon ;)

I do a bottle at 7am, 12pm, 5pm and 7.30pm still about 7/8oz depending on how hungry he is....is this too much with the food do you think??

Ooh Bee - those feeders are quite good to put a hard section of rusk in, then they can teeth on it (while hard) and then suck the mush!! :lol:

AnnaR2B said:
hee hee we posted about the munchkin at the same time...any cleaning tips?? :pray:

I've found the bottle brush works best and you have to clean it inside out, then the right way, then inside out again. I assume it's not something I can sterlise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back