Waxing!!?? Tmi

Constantstar

Reaction score
Ok ladies, so I been thinking about the old legs and lady garden lol
At the mo I can't really see down there to 'neaten' ne thing so it's kinda been left unkempt !! And worried if I'm in hosp for a while it's going to be difficult to errrr mm neaten it again or to shave lol!!also seen some peeps said shaving irritated their skin.
Anyone had a leg and bikini wax before!? I mean how do they wax ur lady garden out of interest without u flashing ur bits all over the shop ??is it embarrassing going in with hairy legs and foof?! I've got quite dark hair u see :( plus when would u recommend getting it done?? 37 weeks? Earlier? Later? Thanks xx

hiya.. i got fed up of not being able to see what i was doing to shave so i booked in and had a bikini wax at 37 weeks (it was called a "high-maintenance" but in my view it was a brazilian by the time she finished!)..

Now i don't normally have waxing so i can't tell u if it was more or less painful than normal.... yes it hurt when she ripped the strips off but it was all over and done with in about 5 minutes... skin was a bit taught afterwards but i put loads of tea tree cream on for a few days and it was fine... very pleased with the results and she said it should last 5 weeks or so so if i go overdue i should still be ok for a bit!!!

go for it.. .5 mins of pain but well worth it for the results!!! i wanted it done for aftwerwards as much as anything... i wasn't too fussed what the midwives think but for the weeks after the birth i think it's going to be alot easier with less hair down below if you know what i mean! good luck!!!

Never had it done myself, but if it helps at all the beauticians have seen it all before, I wouldn't worry! What I'd be bothered about is the pain of it tbh, but then I'm a wimp even getting my eyebrows done, so a bikini wax is just too much for me!
Instead of shaving or waxing, maybe something like Immac or Nair? You can just smother it on and check it out in a hand mirror after, lol. That's what I did first time round. Just make sure you use bikini or sensitive skin, I didn't once and OUCH! Lol! Hope that helps xxx

I was wanting to do the same but I chicken'd out and went for veet instead :lol:

If you decide to go you will need to let me know if it hurts!! lol

xxx

Lol just wondering how they do the lady garden? Have you got to get your kecks off? Lol! I'm hoping it will prepare me for labour!!

my beautician is very much one for saying boobs, bum, seen them all, but she gives out paper knickers for bikini waxes, kind of uses them as a guide.

I have regular waxing, and it gets better over time, I remember the first time being uncomfortable, but surprisingly found the back of the legs more sensitive than the lady garden. Since falling, my skin has been more sensitive, but it still isn't that bad.

I have my lady garden done every 4 weeks by my best friend who owns her own salon. It is a little bit painful but well worth the results in my opinion. I get a Hollywood (whole lot off) and keep my own knickers on through out, the therapist just moves them as she needs to to uncover the bits she needs to get to for each bit and she also gives me extra covering with a towel so you do keep your modesty!! LOL.

Since being pregnant I have found it to be extra sensitive and find it very tender for a bout 24 hours after but the pain soon goes and I love the results at the end of it all.

Am only 16 weeks and I am already at a point where I cannot keep things with tweezers.... May need to get a professional in too.... Maybe not a hollywood though DW. :)

i have been considering this too ...but im such a chicken lol

Dont worry about bearing all!! Im a beautyician and I just get my ladies to move their knickers around and it also acts as a guide for how high to go!! My advice would be ask the therapist were to put your hands as the more you stretch the less it hurts and also stops any bruising. If your really worried too, wear a long skirt or dress and then you can just pull it up so you dont feel so exposed!!
xxxx

Ive not had it done since my BFP and as every other hair removal method is just so sensitive I've chickened out of waxing but think I might be brave and do it, least it lasts longer! They just move your knickers about and have a towel to protect your modesty were I go.

I'm definitely going to try it!! Legs and bikini but not sure how to do the bikini I'm thinking as much as I can stand and they can get rid of il let them do it as will better later on I guess!!

i just kept my own knickers and she moved them as she needed to... i explained when i booked in i wasn't sure how much i wanted off and they said just see how you go... i was brave enough for the brazilian but not the whole lot.. some bits were more painful than others and i would recomend wearing dark coloured knickers as you might get some slight specks of blood afterwards x x x

Just been brave and booked mine for tomorrow morning! Now to just not be a wimp when it comes to it!

Mines booked now for when I'm 37 + 5 if I haven't popped by then plus I may move it earlier!!

Had mine done this morning, and so pleased I did! Would definitely do it again!
xx

Glad it went well was it ok with whole bikini thing? How many weeks r u I can't see on this tapatalk thing lol x

Yeah it was fine, was a bit more painful right at the top but bearable! I'm 37+2 xxx

Ah about when I plan to get it done! I've just emailed and asked them to move it to when I'm 36 + 1 lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back