Water Birth - to naked or not to naked?

I'm so glad I've seen this thread because I was actually thinking the same thing. I would love a water birth but I don't know if I will deliver in the water because of my last delivery (Sofia was taking ages to come out then all of a sudden she flew out and tore me everywhere) so my midwife advised against delivering in water in case this happens again, but I really want to labour in water! And I was thinking I'll just go naked but I don't know if this is normal lol ... I might take a crop top with me I think

I want a water birth to but don't think il be able to have one as I might have to be consultant led x

I had a dry land birth both times and both times I preferred to be naked tbh for at least the last hour or so of the labour and delivery.
Plus I wanted the baby(s) delivered straight onto me and not having a top on meant immediate skin to skin & access to the breast.

Also I'm much less 'shy' about my boobs being seen than my crotch LOL. So I kind of figured if the midwives were getting a good look at "down there" there's no point being modest over my boobs LOL!

This time I'm planning to home birth and fully expect to be naked for most of the labour (and definitely for the end).

I had a dry birth and still ended up in my birthday suit!!

For the same reason really. I had a nightie that wouldnt go down and I wanted Jackson delivered onto me for immediate skin to skin. Id probably wear a sports bra or similar bikini top but open to end up naked again. When I think bikini I think of the triangle string ones. Id need something comfy and sturdy to hold in the tatas :lol:

xxxx

Last edited:
I had a dry land birth both times and both times I preferred to be naked tbh for at least the last hour or so of the labour and delivery.
Plus I wanted the baby(s) delivered straight onto me and not having a top on meant immediate skin to skin & access to the breast.

Also I'm much less 'shy' about my boobs being seen than my crotch LOL. So I kind of figured if the midwives were getting a good look at "down there" there's no point being modest over my boobs LOL!

This time I'm planning to home birth and fully expect to be naked for most of the labour (and definitely for the end).

I had a dry birth and still ended up in my birthday suit!!

For the same reason really. I had a nightie that wouldnt go down and I wanted Jackson delivered onto me for immediate skin to skin. Id probably wear a sports bra or similar bikini top but open to end up naked again. When I think bikini I think of the triangle string ones. Id need something comfy and sturdy to hold in the tatas :lol:

xxxx

I look at my birth pictures now, and I cannot for the life of me remember when I put on a hospital gown, then there's one of me naked with just a blanket over me and I can't for the life of me remember when or how that happened either :rofl:

I had a water birth with my first, i went naked but wish i hadn't, the midwife looked at me like 'wtf are you doing' lol. I'd defo go with the bikini top idea :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back