water birth

annem

Reaction score
when you have a water birth-

do they strap a baby monitor to you?

what do you wear?

and was it amazing?

i'm planning on one with hypnobirthing!! :) any great stories out there? x x

Go to birth announcements and read Valentines and trixiepaws birth stories, they are pretty amazing and water births too!
Red shoes used hypnobirthing and said it was amazing

i planned a water birth at home, i was in the pool during labour but got out for the pushing in the end. i didnt wear anything (the mw stripped me!) and they didnt strap a monitor they kept checking millies heartbeat with a scan-ny thing (is it called a doppler? that thing thats like a scan probe 2 hear the heartbeat anyway.)
altho i didnt deliver in the water, i still think it really helped in labour and if i hav another baby i will definatly try 2 hav it in the water next time.
x

opps osz michelle i completely forgot you had a water birth :oops: gid ive lost my mind since having immy!

I had a home water birth using some hypnobirthing techniques - it was an amazing experience - I would definitely strongly recommend it. The link to my birth story is in my sig.

Valentine xxx

wow great stories, thanks :D

I have one more hypnobirthing day left and then the week after my MW appointment so i think i'm going to start planning :D

Hypnobirthing kept us so calm and relaxed for 3 days at home after my waters broke, the techniques helped me both rest and breath easily through contractions. Unfortunately we ended up being induced in hospital, but even up to that point, my partner was extremely focused and calm for me, a lot of which he believes was from the confidence gained through our hypnobirthing. Valentines birth story is inspiring, and she is such a lovely lady too, worth a chat as she loves babies and birthing hehe :hug: Remember to keep an open mind and stay relaxed, birth is natural but mother nature isn't always predictable. Very best wishes annem :hug:

With DD i had a perfect waterbirth, no monitor they just use an underwater doppler every little while. I loved being in the water. I started off in a tankini top but it annoyed me and i took it off and delivered in my birthday suit :oops:

My birth story is on this forum if you look back about 3 pages.

Go for it, i am this time too!! :cheer:

kellysomer said:
With DD i had a perfect waterbirth, no monitor they just use an underwater doppler every little while. I loved being in the water. I started off in a tankini top but it annoyed me and i took it off and delivered in my birthday suit :oops:

My birth story is on this forum if you look back about 3 pages.

Go for it, i am this time too!! :cheer:

It sounds like very1 is just in their birthday suits then!! :D

I can't find your birth story do you have a link? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111