waterbirth - what are you wearing?

benjis mum

Reaction score
I'm finally packing my bags and I'm unsure what to pack for my hopeful water. birth. What are others planning to wear or what did you wear?
Midwife told me you'll end up naked and wont care but I know i did care when I had ben and although maybe at the end I'll be less worried but I know in the earlier stages I won't be naked!

I'll be naked Gaiæ I don't care. But I have heard of people wearing bikini.

I am going to wear a bikini then just take the bottoms off

I have watched a few water births on utube, and most ladies are wearing bikini tops on there. I don't plan on having a water birth, but if I did I think I would at least want a bit of cover up top to start with! :)

Thanks ladies, I'm sure i won't care at the end but to start with I want to feel confident and relaxed. Right job for tomorrow - to find a bikini!

I have a bikini that I got in the sale at mother care it has bottoms so I plan on having the top on the whole time and I can take the bottoms off later on that is the plan anyway xx

I have a bikini top, and a swim skirt that i ordered from amazon instead of bikini bottoms. Have also seen somepeople wearing a big t-shirt. xxx

I'm just going to wear a vest top that doesn't turn see through when wet! I nearly bought a tankini top other day but decided its not worth extra money cos I won't be able to wear it afterwards, and a vest top will be fine :)

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk.

I'm bringing a bikini top I have that I don't have matching bottoms to in case it gets ruined :p Looking at buying a swim skirt as well, for some down below cover that I can keep on the whole time, but will only buy if I find a really cheap one!

I'm bringing a bikini top I have that I don't have matching bottoms to in case it gets ruined :p Looking at buying a swim skirt as well, for some down below cover that I can keep on the whole time, but will only buy if I find a really cheap one!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Swimwearonl...A46C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1328199628&sr=8-3

I ordered this off amazon - its really stretchy as well - I just got one size up from what i normally wear - so figure i can prob wear it on holidays as well. xxx

Lol I will be the naked one too! But being nudie doesn't bother me that much at the best of times :rofl:

But I completely understand wanting to have something to cover up for modesty. My sister said she ended up naked and did not care but had brought a bikini top with her just in case and was really glad as she said it made her more relaxed before the labour. ASOS have a big sale on and you can pick up bikini tops super cheap so defo worth having and then you have the choice when it comes to it.

I'd like a water birth and wasn't intending on taking anything. They don't let into pool until 4cm dilated apparently at my hosp, and I thought if I was at 4cm and having contractions last thing I'd care of is anyone seeing my saggy wee boobs lol. ESP when there'll be vag investigations happening which would bother me a bit more.

Think I'm more worried about jobbying in the pool, ESP with husband in room :wall2: :shock::whistle::lol:

I would like a waterbirth too, I think if I do then i will wear a bikini top, I would also like one of The swim skirts xx

Aren't you all making your own birthing pool outfit like the fashion student on OBEM???!!! Since my teaching assistants at school saw this they are constantly saying they are going to sew me an outfit... Only problem is the only thing they reckon they can get their hands on is felt - not sure how well this will stand up in the water!!!! Ha ha!!

Well of course I was planning on making a glamorous outfit but couldn't find any matching stilettos and handbag!!!

I wanted to wear a t shirt but your not allowed in my hosp. You can only wear a bikini top, I think I'll be getting one x

I'm gonna be neked, probs even if I am not in pool, want to have max skin to skin :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back