Watching Home birth diaries

lrb

Reaction score
Omg ive never seen a programme on giving birth which actually show you everything, a mirror was under her legs as she was on her knees and u could see when the eyes came out, nose, lips..honestly you could see everything..the babaies head was mahoosive!
jeez im actually in shock lol.. the amount i watch and never have i seen this lol!

hehehe, i love watching those programmes xx

I havent seen any of these programmes - i think im going to live in blissful ignorance, lol!
x

Wish I'd seen this! My OH wants to watch Seb being born!

I watched quite a few of those programmes before i had Adam and they were a huge help for preparing for birth. They may have prepared me for the worst sometimes but they definetly helped x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, which channel?

I watch loads of things like this on YouTube and some of those are REALLY graphic.

I hate the noise the women make during labour and if a tear happens :sick: You can see the skin stretching and all of a sudden it goes and there is blood everywhere!

I definately think i want a doula.

I saw one and the doula was encouraging her to slow down and take breathers and then when you really push etc and the birth seemed to go really well... the mid-wifes are just PUSH PUSH PUSH all the time :eh:

Oh, which channel?

I watch loads of things like this on YouTube and some of those are REALLY graphic.

I hate the noise the women make during labour and if a tear happens :sick: You can see the skin stretching and all of a sudden it goes and there is blood everywhere!

I definately think i want a doula.

I saw one and the doula was encouraging her to slow down and take breathers and then when you really push etc and the birth seemed to go really well... the mid-wifes are just PUSH PUSH PUSH all the time :eh:

Not all midwives are like that. My mw with DD was lovely and encouraged me to push when I felt the need rather than yelling at me to push all the time.

I agree with Helen, my midwife was brilliant. I had my little man in a midwife led centre attached to the hospital and she told me to feel what was happening to my body and push when i feel the urge, there was no dramatic shouting or screaming push, push, push x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch - didn't mean to offend anyone's midwives lol

No offence caused, just don't like generalisation, yes some midwives are shouty and pushy but not all.

It was a generalisation on midwives in online videos, not in the world as a whole ;)

Last edited:
It was a generalisation on midwives in online videos, not in the world as a whole ;)

That's not the way it was put. Though the doula idea is great! I've heard very good things x

where are these programmes?! sickening as it may sound, i wouldnt mind watching some, potentially might scare me a little but wouldnt mind actually seeing what the experience is like x

It was on the channel home and health, theres loads on all day, bringing baby home, bringing home the babies, babes in the wood, the baby story and more lol! under aged and pregnants alright on channel bbc3 i think? but this was home birth diaries on home and health later in the evening, was proper graffic.. never seen on tv this graffic before! i recorded it on sky lol!
you have to watch it!

:)

That's not the way it was put.

Look, if i have caused offense so someone in particular, i will apologise all you want. Send the disgruntled midwives my way and i will grovel about my thoughtless generalisation.

But arguing the toss just for political correctness is bs on a forum about ttc, in a thread about birthing programmes :roll:

Would a disclaimer make you feel better? :wall2:

lrb said:
It was on the channel home and health

I have seen a few programmes on that channel - ain't they great :good:

DISCLAIMER - this opinion is a generalisation based on what i have personally watched. I apologise for any programmes viewed that you do not feel are great.

lol ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back