Mirror at the birth? inc my funny story!

*Star*

Reaction score
Did anyone else watch their LO come into the world? I remember when I started pushing and the midwife said to me she could see the head, she said if I felt down there I would feel it. So I did and felt Benjamin's head. I had brought a small mirror with me in my labour bag and got Mark to position it between my legs so I could see him crowning and such!!! Well I ended up holding it cause Mark kept wiggling it around, but the midwife was trying to move it out the way saying that she couldn't see what was happening. I shouted at her that I couldn't see either

So, at this point the 2nd midwife was in with me and the 1st one sent the 2nd one to go and get this huge 6ft mirror on wheels that she put at the bottom of the bed so I could see him being born!!!!!

This was with my first Benjamin, Oliver came out so quick I only pushed a couple of times!! Will get a mirror again this time though.

Anyone else, or am I just wierd? :rotfl:

Well I have heard about midwives offering a mirror and I always thought I would scream no at them, but I have heard from a lot of people that it really helps so I'm not so sure! If I have a waterbirth there won't be one, I guess, but other than that... Will it make me feel motivated or pass out from the gore? :D

the midwife stuck a mirror between my legs when I was giving birth to Aimee, my second. I was like WTF??? at the time but when I actually looked I found it really helped. I'd had zero pain relief and focusing on her head coming out actually help distract from the pain.......

I didn't get a chance with Sam as he was back to back and strugglnig so the midwives were too busy to hold a mirror :lol:

I was offered just to feel her head but i refused. I had already decided beforehand that i wouldn't, the idea just creeped me out a little. I just wanted "the damn thing out" by this time. Part of me regrets it but i just wanted it all out the way. It seemed like a delay at the time.

It's not something I would want to see tbh lol so won't be using a mirror.

With Nathan the midwife kept asking if I wanted to feel his head :shock: I said no though, the idea of it felt abit weired :?

I had a mirror i think its a fab idea i had no pain relief so it was a great incentive being able to see for myself how i was doing.

I would highly reccomend it afterall the midwifes and oh could see so i wanted to see too. :D

I think i'll be one who has to feel it, but i dont think i'll be going for a mirror, i like to know whats going on with my body, thats why if i think im in labout i'll be checking my own cervix before we go to hossi, im not being sent home lol. It'll help me keep in touch with me and Tally but i dont think it'd wanna see her come out and i know Dave doesnt wanna

With Nathan the MW kept asking me if I wanted to feel his head. I kept saying no but she talked me into it. Didn't really like it, just got a messy hand :roll: Never been offered a mirror though.

ohh no :shock: i had no mirror and i didnt feel head either , just wanted her out

I don't think I will want to see whats going on "down there", think I'd rather just push and be totally oblivious to whats happening!!

seriously ladies, don't just dismiss the idea. I was the same, I was totally :shock: when the midwife put the mirror there and I didn't even want to look at first. But when she started to crown and the pain was excrutiating I looked and it really did help with that last bit. I could see that with each push she was getting closer and it really did help to keep me focused through the pain........

No, she was a little distressed so had to get her out quickly, and don't think I would have wanted one either lol. It's the sort of thing I have no problem seeing on other women like on TV but a bit weird when it's myself.

There was a mirror in my room at the end of the bed but it was too far away to see down there. I really wouldn't have wanted to see. I think I would have totally freaked!

I agree i was in so much pain that i just wanted him out. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back