Watch this

laetitia85

Reaction score
Watch how the american media talk about Madeleine's disapearance. They put the emphasis on the fact that she was left alone. Here in the Uk that topic is still a bit taboo (in the case od Madeleine anyway). Also I feel that they make the story sound much more 'sensational'. Here is a very controversial journalist called Nancy Grace -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUg0xug9P60

I watched Nancy Grace last year when I went on holiday to California, she is know for being very controversial in her opinions, watch her technique she's very blunt, she just doesn't care. If you watch her other videos you'll see what I mean.

I watched that clip. I can understand where you are coming from, but being from America and watching the Madeline story...not all media over here is blaming the parents. Most media stations and certainly most ppl over here are just concerned about getting her home safely.

I do wonder how they left their small children alone without a monitor or something... I guess I'm just paranoid when I'm responsible for children (I am a nanny for two families with small children). But having said that... I just want them to find their precious little girl. I am certainly praying for her safe return. They must be utterly terrified.. I can't even imagine!

Oh i definately agree with you that the parents made a huge mistake. What I was trying to do was to show the difference between the way the american media talk about it, i.e. with much more emphasis on the fact that she was left alone (which needs to be discussed) and the way the british talk about it - not much emphasis on it.

there is a huge difference, and i think we need a balance of the two: still mention the debate over child protection and child neglect, but at the same time understand that Madeleine's parents are going through hell at the moment and they know what they did was worng, they must beat themselves up over this.

Nancy Grace sounds very sarcastic when she says "This child was left alone while her parents WERE AT A DINNER PARTY!!!!" really condemning the parents, with a very cheeky tone of voice. I don't know, I just felt like she wanted to add a bit of sensation, it's her show and I understand, but we need to be sensitive about the issue.

But nancy Grace's show is addictive. I watch her shows on youtube! I love to hate her lol. thanks for your reply it's nice having an opinion from someone in the states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back