Waiting for negative hpt before trying again?

Mummyof3tobe

Reaction score
Ladies, do you need to wait for a negative hpt before trying again? I do not have any in the house and don't particularly want to be buying some for a negative.

Will this affect what I consider to cd1 (ie day of d&c)?

It took about 3-4 weeks for my tests to go negative after my mc, but then I ov 5 days after the tests went negative - so my body my have been gearing up to ov while there was hcg still in my system. After mc if I counted day of things passing as cd1 it meant I ov about 5-6 days later than I would normally. hth.

I have had 2 D&C's in the past week so don't know how that will effect when I ov again!! I took a test this morning and it was still very positive x

I had ERPC/D&C - I think they are the same & ovulated 2 weeks later (Basically without knowing) & now currently 11 weeks pregnant.

I did want to wait but was also informed its fine if you do not wait & there is no higher risks of MC because you got pregnant before the period. If you ovulate then your body is back to normal. They say that after a ERPC or D&C your more likely to get pregnant quicker than losing natural due to a clean sweep.

Was'nt the reason why I choose ERPC, for me it was quicker to end the pain - it didnt but I felt it was easier for me.

I had D&C almost 6 weeks ago and just finished my first AF. My hpt is still positive this morning albeit a squinter.
If you want to try straight away just go with it and do what your heart tells you. Good luck xx

Thanks for the replies ladies. Great to hear a positive experience of trying straight away, which is what we intend to day.

Having said I wouldn't test I caved yesterday (7 days post d&c) and still very positive ;(
Gonna stay well away from them now and go with the flow xx

i did the testing thing every few days & saw positives after the op all the way down to a negative. Stopped for a while then started again to find positive growing instead of fading.

I say if you want to try again straight away, why not?!

Hi Mummy,

We lost our Daughter 2 weeks ago and I took a hcg test last night which was negative and the pregnancy test I took this morning was also negative.

I'm still bleeding though and I can't wait for that to stop and for af to start. Then we are going to try again.

Take care x x

I took a test this morning and it was still slightly positive. I am waiting for my AF to arrive so that I can start trying again properly x

This is a horrible stage, Going from looking forward to a positive then waiting on a negative.

Remember mine well :(

Personally I waited for a bfn and af (although I had mm rather a d&c). Otherwise if you get a bfp, you don't know if it's from your d&c or actually a bfp. It's your choice though. i just bought some ic to monitor the hcg levels. Also, that's what the doctor advised for me. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back