Waiting for nature to take it's course?

TORino

Reaction score
So my baby has died but my body appears to be hanging on to it.

I have 2 options as described by the midwife as 1. Waiting and seeing 2. Have the medical management tablet option.

I am favouring the first option at the minute, but Im not sure I can hold out mentally as I was told some poor lady waited 8 weeks to pass everything! I simply cannot wait this long.

For those ladies who waited, did it take very long?

I have been frightened by the midwife who warned of ruptured uterus as a risk of the medical management, though she did say the risk was minimal.

I'm can't decide what to do about it, and the longer I wait the more I am getting cross that my body isn't functioning right :(

apparently hon....once your mind knows that the baby has died then it tells your body to remove the pregnancy....it happened to me and also to my friend who went for her 12 week scan to be told baby had died at 9 weeks...she started to bleed that night...

but i would be like you...not sure how long i could wait...i would give it a day or 2 and see if anything happens, then if not.....have a think about the tablets.

here for you hon if you need me xx

Thanks for that Samsgirl. I hope you are right. I was thinking of giving it a week and if nothing had happened the reassess the situation but even a week seems an age at the minute!

Hey hun, same happened to me in nov, I waited till 12 weeks and baby had died at 7ish weeks, still my body did nothing, so opted for d and c which went just fine, sometimes body just does not recorgnise pregnancy has ended, my consultant told me body would prob eventually do its job but it can be a long time, she also said there is a small risk of infection longer it takes.

Really hope things work out and your body does the right thing. X x

Aaaargh, I just want it out of me!!!

I am cracking up here and it has only been one day. How am I supposed to get over it with it still inside me?

I had those choices n decided on d&c so it would all be over. I bled for a day after n have been back to normal in bedroom department 7 days after. Mentally after the d&c I felt I could move forward like closure x hope this helps x

I had those choices n decided on d&c so it would all be over. I bled for a day after n have been back to normal in bedroom department 7 days after. Mentally after the d&c I felt I could move forward like closure x hope this helps x

Thanks - I don't have the option of a d&c, only the tablet thing they give you. She said they don't offer them routinely at the hospital I am being treated at.

I'm probably going to have to go in and have this done. I can't cope. :wall2:

i had similar choices in January, i went for the D and C just to get it all over with, couldn't cope with the waiting. The tablet option was offered to me but i just wanted it all over.

i am soo sorry for your loss hun, sending you lots of hugs!!

Hey Hunni

So sorry for your loss :(

I found out at 9 weeks that baby had died at 6 weeks and it took 9 days for my body to let go...I just let it take it's course...the midwife was quite pushy on me having a d&c :( but I refused and I think it was the best decision for me.

Do what your heart tells you hunni, it's a difficult time all over..Ive had two..

If you want to chat PM me ..

Take Care xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back