Letting nature take it's course....

Amanda

Reaction score
Well, AF came on Sunday, and I surprised myself by not feeling too bad about it. I think as it was the first month of 'properly' trying - using ovulation sticks, etc., I had felt sure I would conceive.
The BFN test 3 days before AF was due made me so depressed, and I was ratty all day and just wanted to cry. I then made the decision that I wouldn't test again until AF was late. Well, she arrived Sunday morning right on schedule, and I actually felt alright.
Spoke to DH about it, and he made me feel so much better. He had been the one saying 'this is our month, it will happen really quick for us', and I was the one holding back saying 'it could take months, even years'. Funny thing was that when AF arrived, he was the one saying, 'hey, plenty of time, it will happen when it happens', and I was the one asking why I wasn't pg, and what we had done wrong!
Anyway, decided not to try as hard, not even going to use ovulation sticks or chart temperature for a few months.
Then yesterday, we decided to book next years holiday!!! There are 15 of us going to Ibiza in May, 8 adults and 7 kids. It is 8 months away, so I'm now sort of hoping that I don't get pg in the next 3 months so I can still go!! Isn't it funny how one weekend can make all the difference with how you feel? The travel agent was great, and she said that if I do get pg in the next couple of months so I would be too far along to travel, I can cancel and get deposit back. If I get pg in the 3 months before we go, so may not want to travel because of the risk, we can swap the holiday for one later in the year, and use the deposit on that!
So you watch me get pg now I've got something to look forward to!!!

Yes Its funny how our minds work, we focus then re-focus an adjust accordingly... you will probably get pregnant very easily now that you sort of want to wait!!!

We put off a holiday to NZ for my sister's wedding blessing event at Xmas because I was pregnant [and would have been 7 months at that stage] and now after my m/c I feel sick that we have now lost the opportunity to go so are trying to book something else instead!!

Focus on the holiday.. have fun in the meantime, relax, don't think too much about ttc [if possible - I know I think of little else!!] and who knows what nature will have in store for you....

:wink:

Hi Tankett

Good way of thinking.. what ever happens you've got something to look forward to.

We where in a similar situation in Jan. We wanted to start trying as soon as we got married which ws last Sept but then we had to cancel our honeymoon due to mother in law having a stroke. Anyway we re-booked the honeymoon for Jan/Feb. Apart from the traveling dilema, I wanted to be able to have a few bottle of champagne on my honeymoon so we put off trying till when we got back! Then I booked a girly holiday for June! I wouldn't have minded being pregnant although I don't think i'd of kept the pace (late nites clubbing) with the other girls.... So again we put if off! Like you this is my first month really trying! And I understand fully when you said "you really thought it would work this time". It's hard to understand why it doesn't happen if you BD all the right times....

Still a few days left for me before AF is due so i'm praying and hoping....

I'll keep your posititive attitude in mind if I get a BFN...

To join in on the things to look forward to... We've been trying for 4 months now and it soo annoying how I thought it was easy to get pregnant! My best friend is getting married in april and i'm being a bridesmaid so shes hoping i won't get pregnant in the next few months as shes already brought my dress! So in a way i'm kinda thinking it would be good not to be huge for the dress or the photos!, but secretly hoping that I will as i'm not worried so much now!

ooh Blackfairykitten not long to go b4 u test hun good luck xxx

I know just what you mean, blackfairykitten. I want another child so so much that it's about all I can think about, but now I've booked my holiday, I'm also sort of secretly hoping that I don't get pg in the next couple of months! how bizarre is the mind?!
I am hoping that I get pg around Xmas time. That would be ideal. I am flying out to Ibiza on the 5th May, so I would be past the first trimester, but not too far gone to fly, and not too big to worry too much about the heat.
You watch me go and get the BFP that I have been hoping for before then now. The holiday is in 8 months, so if I get pg this month, I won't be able to fly....
Ooh, there's no pleasing me!! :D

It's funny isn't it, like being torn in 2! Well my AF arrived so maybe a june baby now, it kinda feels nice though not being obsessed that it has to happen next month.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back