Vitamins?

Rachey

Reaction score
Are some of you still taking them? I took my folic acid up to about 14 weeks but haven't been taking anything else. Am I supposed to be? :eh:

I meant to ask a few weeks ago but totally forgot :wall2:

i'm till taking a pregnancy multi-vitamin that still also contains folic acid, mainly due to the fact that it cant hurt, and it menas im deff getting everything the baby needs, from them and my fairly healty diet!!! its a personal choice thou, they dont say that you need too!!!

I'm still taking mine as well. Nasty buggers, but my diet can be a bit...lacking.. at times :X I figure every bit helps.

I think I'll pick up some tomorrow, I suppose like you say they can't do any harm :)

Is it the Pregnacare ones? I saw them in boots, the ones for all through pregnancy and breat feeding x

Careful with the pregnacare ones, they are known to make some people feel sick - they did with me, i didnt realise until i accidently forgot to take them for 2 days and i wasnt constantly sick, then i read up about them on lots of online forums and found it was quite common with them x

Ohh I didn't know that, will need to watch out then. Thanks cherelle :)

I'm still taking them (when I remember lol)
I have the tesco pregnancy and breast feeding ones

Yeah I'm taking pregnacare plus, ive missed one day but had no side affects :) x

ive used 3 different types, not had any side effects with any of them, had a superdrug own folic acid and calcium one to start with then swaped to pregnacare and now have sanatogen mum-to-be, its just the same as pregnacare really but they were half price when i got this months supply :)

im still taking my pregnacare tablets.. they dont make me feel sick, but in my 1st pregnancy i just took folic acid and that made me feel sick!!

im taking pregnacare plus....no side effects for me either...xx

same im taking pregnacare plus and intend to the whole pregnancy, when i remember....

I posted about vitamins on Saturday on First Trimester thread. My midwife got me to get "healthy start vitamins" from chemist - only £1.21 for 2 month supply! She also told me to stop folic acid at 12 weeks

Last edited:
I asked my midwife if there was any other vitamins i could take after 12 week and she told me i didn't need any xxx

here in wales they give the nhs healthy start ones out for free so maybe its worth seeing your doctor to see if you can get anything? x

I picked up some pregnacare ones, just a 30 day supply. I need to go to the docs for a MatB form so I will make sure I ask about the healthy start ones Cherelle :) x

i stopped taking my folic acid with vitamins in at 12 weeks, mainly just kept forgetting but midwife said i didnt need to anyway

Hey, I take my pregnacare most days.. though I haven't taken any for about three days, took one this morning.. but a good diet does the job too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back