Vitamins

Eveadel

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if anybody is still taking vitamins??

I was/am taking a multi vitamin and folic acid pregnancy supplement and I have been told it is a good idea to take up to 14 weeks. My diet is not as good as it came be and was just wondering if I can still take it??

Thanks in advance

Hiya

I took Folic Acid until I was 14 weeks, my GP told me to stop taking it from then onwards. I am not taking any other form of vitamin tablets but am making sure that I have a glass of fresh orange every morning and evening as have been told that Vitamin C is the only vitamin that needs replacing - not sure how true this is?! :?

I am also trying to eat vegetables, as most of them have folic acid in them but like you my diet is all over the place and at the moment I dont fancy anything that is healthy for me!!!

Xxx

I'm taking a pregnancy vit at the moment.. i've been taking them since i started trying... the MD told me i can stop any time as i don't need the folic acid from 12 weeks on.. but i'm going to carry on taking it thou pregnancy.. can't do any harm..

I try to drink at least one 1/2 pint glass of milk every day and i have milk on my cereal in the morning - for my calcium.. I try to eat 2 veggies a day and at least 2 pieces of fruit... (not 5 a day but i'm trying) I eat at least one portion of meat or fish eat day with pasta, potatoes or rice... i think i'm eating a healthy balanced diet... if your eating 3 good meals a day then i think you should be getting all your vits and mins...

x

:) Hi there!

I am also taking a pregnancy vitamin supplement,and I am also taking a calcium supplement as recommended, as I am a vegan.I do drink soya milk,but I was concerned that I wasn't getting enough calcium.Being vegan,I do eat quite a balenced diet anyway,but the midwife recommended that I supplement my diet ,and said that what I was taking was safe to do so right through pregnancy and breast feeding. :)

So do you think it will be ok to carry on with the pregnancy vit supplement, Im not seeing my MW until 9th Feb?? I know excessive Vit A is bad when you are pregnant but these vits dont have the Vit A in them

:) If you are unsure then I would maybe wait and ask,or phone if you could,but my midwife told me that I was okay to take the supplements right through,and so I will continue to do so - but I must stress that they are supplements specifically designed to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding - I know you have to be careful with the normal type of vitamin supplements and other herbal remedies :D

I've taken a pregnancy formula vitamin tablet (pregnacare I think - it's a pink bottle) since I came off the pill last December. I'll carry on taking it until I quit breastfeeding and then go back to taking a regular multi-vitamin. My diet is pretty good - I eat a fair amount of fruit and veg and loads of milk! - but taking a multi-vitamin ensures I'm getting everything we (me and the LO) need.

I recommend the clearblue pregnancy vitamins.

You can get them in sainsburys and some chemists and I have taken them all the way through, and I have really got on well with them.

Thanks for your input girls, I will carry on with my vits until I see my midwife in a week and half and see what she says.

Good luck to those who are really close to meeting their babies - lucky you, I bet you are really excited

I'm not taking any supplements now, I thought about Pregnacare but decided to get my vitamins from my diet. I'm making extra effort to eat lots of fruit and veg to try and get my required intake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back