Anyone taking vitamins....

Tatum29

Reaction score
I took folic acid for about 4 months prior to falling pregnant and for the first 12 weeks of the pregnancy, then I stopped. At my last antenatal the midwife asked if I was taking any vitamins. I explained I'd taken folic acid but that was it and she recommended Pregnacare. I'm almost 26 weeks and bought a box today - I'm not deficient in anything, so I'm not sure there's much point in taking these, but what the hell! Anyone else taking this? I didn't take any vitamins with my son, except for the normal folic acid thing early on and he's five now! I think pregnant women get told to take lots of things now - probably needlessly. Anyway, I got a box of Pregnacare, so I'm being good.

841336b.jpg

I am too, I was taking the sanatogen ones with folic acid. Am I right in thinking folic acid won't do any harm, but won't do any good now? I took them every day at the beginning, but since 13 weeks or so, I've gone to one every other day as I think I'm having enough of the good stuff in my diet.

Well i also have bought pregnacare yesterday and going to start taking them because i feel guilty for eating so much junk.......lol.
Thanks Jodie for the tip on um by the way!!!

I find the pregnancy vitamins are too big to swallow. Im not good with taking tablets as it is anyway. I too took folic acid prior to getting prgnant and for the first 12 weeks. I tried to take pregnancy vitamin tablets but i couldn't swallow them.

My midwife has suggested taking an iron supplement (as i am vegetarian) so i am taking that in the form of a liquid from a health shop.

I take Sanatogen and midwife asked me to continue with them...so I have taken one everyday so far but they are a bit big and uncomfortable to take....

I stopped taking pregnacare at 12 weeks but started again a week later as my iron levels were low...I eat quite well but it can't hurt to have a little extra help! xx

Yes, they are on the big side and not the nicest things to swallow! I'm not sure it's neccessary to be stocking up on all these vitamins - half of it will probably get flushed out by the body anyway! I think the main thing is that you take the plain folic acid early on, but I suppose it can't hurt to continue with vitamins throughout!

I find it all strange because no one mentioned anything like this when I was PG with my son - you took folic acid and that was it - now it's "take this", "take that" :think:

I've been taking Sanatogen with Omega3 since I started TTC Isaac :lol: The vitamins are useful for Mummy, as LO takes everything they need from us so we can be the ones who are neglected vitamin wise. I take omega3 because of all the blah blah about it helping increase your LO's intelligence, you never know 8) You are better off taking them than not, it cannot do any harm, and they are very much a benefit if you breastfeed after birth too :)

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/n ... folicacid/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back