Useless bus drivers and taxi drivers!

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
I've was on a bus by myself last week with Aimee in the pram. Now that in itself is a big thing as I have agoraphobia and get panic attacks when outside alone. Anyway bus driver never helped me get on or off the bus despite him seeing that I was struggling with the pram, other passengers just watched me. When I got off the bus the gap between the last step and the path was high, the pram practically fell off the bus (amazingly Aimee slept through it!) and I heard a crack. As I was walking away I could feel the pram wiggle, which it never done before!

Today, I got a taxi to a baby class, the driver never bothered to help me either! There was a taxi drop off point metres from where he stopped but instead he choose to stop at a parking spot which is roughly 2.5 metres from the kerb. Again no help and I had to get out the taxi backwards!! This time the wheel got caught. Earlier when I was walking about one of the front wheels totally locked up and I walked right into the pram handles, which gave me a lovely bruise on my belly! :evil:

Why do people not help anymore?! When I was younger I would see people help a woman with a pram, now no one bothers. They'd prefer to watch you struggle than help you for 20 seconds! :shakehead:

The end result is my pram is jiggered. As the day went on the pram wheel locked up 5 times. Luckily I had already decided to get the Maclaren Quest stroller before this happened as the pram was getting bulky for everyday use but what if I couldn't afford a new pram?! I am considering writing to the bus company to complain about the driver but I don't know if I'll even get anywhere with it. :( Especially as it is a small bus company so god knows if I'll even get an address or phone number for them.

:hug: :hug: :hug: Thats why I switched to a lightweight buggy- it's so much easier.out

Have you thought about using a sling?

thats awful :hug: :hug: :hug:
sadly nowadays everyone minds their own business and sods everyone else, no one trusts no one, say for example someone did help you then you discovred the prams broken, whos to say your not going to blame them, (Im not sayin you would just using it as an example), its just the way of the world now, strangers remain strangers, and they only look out for themselves, you get the odd nice few people but its rare.
If I were you I would complain to the bus company, even if they dont do anything, its been brought to their attention, that the driver wasnt considerate, I know as a rule they cant physically help you, but to have made your life easier would have been a lot better for you

I managed to get a phone number for the bus company so I am going to phone it tomorrow. Luckily I kept my ticket so I can tell them exactly what bus so they'll know who the driver was.

I've had some nice bus drivers from a well known bus company help me with the pram and all it takes is 5 seconds but this small company doesn't give a toss.

Jade - I tried a sling but she didn't seem to like it very much as she cried the entire time she was in it.

I'm a taxi driver and the firm i work for we all help the passengers, we even take the shopping inside for the old people etc. It really annoys me when i see ppl struggling and the drivers sat on their fat arses, what makes it worse is that if the lazy driver would bother to get out and help, HE would find that the fare would be gone quicker and he could be on to his next job so its in his interest to help in the first place, apart from it being a nice/helpful thing to do. Some taxi drivers give us all bad names :wall:

:hug: :hug: I don't know why they just can't help - I can't sit back and watch people struggle

Id have been tempted to give them a piece of my mind! :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back