Public transport drives me mad !

charliebear

Reaction score
:lol: I feel like a good old moan!

Just today...
I couldnt get on the bus with AJ asleep in his pushchair as someone was already with a pushchair and no child in it!! :wall2:

Tuesday. The driver refused to let a wheelchair on, the bus, WTF?? There were 2 pushchairs on but on one side there is space for 2 if parent stand and puschairs arnt large. Otherside is designated for wheelchairs.
The lady's support worker noticed the pushchairs and got on, had a word with the driver who was not happy and asked the people to move herself. The refusal to let the lady on would have annoyed me anyway even if I had AJ in his pushchair with me (I would and have moved) but this lady was being supported by the company I work for!

I guess I'm annoyed about the attitude of the driver who clearly hadnt read the obvious DisabilityDiscriminationAct signs on the bus he was driving but also the other passengers?? I have never seen so many people suck up to a mother with a pushchair on the bus - just because she had to move :shock: She hadnt had an accident, she moved her pushchair!!

So come on, what makes you mad?? :flower:

That is awful :(

Grannies parking in parent/child spaces :wall:

Men parking in parent/child spaces with no kids with them :mad:

Queue jumpers, this does my head right in but I can't not say anything so always tell them the queue is behind me :lol:

Rude shop assistants, I mean like the other day I was in Mcdonalds and my mum got tea. There was no sugar in the refills and you'd have thought I'd just asked her to donate a kidney to me :rofl:

So much drives me mad :blush:

When summer was a couple of months old I actually had a massive go at a man who parked in the only parent and child space-it was pissing down with rain and his retort? That he spent £1000 a week there! Like that had bought him his own personal space! I told him that I didn't give a toss how much he spent every week and until some blind deaf woman bore his child he'd better move his car! He moved the car!

Rudeness really annoys me. I have lumbar disc disease and it means I'm in alot of pain all the time and once this 60 ish year old woman elbowed me in exactly the place it hurts, I was nearly in tears from the pain and she just waltzed off without a word even though she saw what she'd done and how much pain I was in, my OH had to restrain me!

I also hate it when we're in town and people will just walk into DD like she's not even there and then not apologise for doing it!

God loads of stuff annoys me!

Old people with a chip on their shoulder which makes them think they have the right to be very rude to me just because Im 'young' (26 - but y'know!)

^^^^^ oooh yeah! On a bus once I heard these two old ladies sat one behind the other complaining about young people putting their feet on seats, stopping well deserving old people from sitting down. They both had bags on the seat next to them!!!!!!!!

:rofl: I hate being eye suspiciously by them! Im a very well behaved polite woman, hate being treated like some 16 yearold asbo thug!

My sister and I went into the records office cos we wanted to research the history of our house and we were treated so badly, she was fully pissed off we were there and VERY suspicous about what we wanted. We didnt bother going back which is a shame!

Old people with a chip on their shoulder which makes them think they have the right to be very rude to me just because Im 'young' (26 - but y'know!)

OMG!!
We went to Durham today, lots of cobbly windy streets with narrow paths.
This old couple wouldnt move so had to walk on the road with AJ in his pushchair :shock: No traffic around as we were near the cathedral but still.
Me: I'll just walk on the road then shall I?'
Old fart: So you should!!
WTF??? Stupid old man, I let rip thats for sure :whistle: And they talk about young people having no respect. They were lucky OH didnt hear his retort (he was looking puzzled when I started 'answering back' to the old fart)

Hey I class myself as young too, 26 here too!

i hate using buses, i could never catch the 1st bus, always the 2nd or the 3rd. because someone else with a pushchair, was on already. sometimes the child looked around 4 years old.
im so glad my LO doesnt use the pushchair anymore ( well, only if were going somewhere far)
and people on the street dont even more out of the way, when they see you coming, i almost have to run them over!!!
cannot wait to drive - oh the freedom!!!
xx

what really annoys me is the bus i sumtimes take into skipton isnt suitable for prams and wheelchair the bus drivers are very rude and watch you get on the bus by yourself doesnt even offer help and no one offers you a seat as its a busy bus no matter what tym you get amy has to sit in her car seat in the shopping space thing which i think is illeagal wont be very good if we had a crash. i do get the train sumetimes but cant get that bak coz on the other side theres about 14 steps to climb and that really does me head in coz i could save money in stead of getting the bus back

shop keepers refusing to heat up a bottle as they say its not there job and they dont get paid for it.

people barging in to you in supermarkets with trollies and queue jumpers.

another thing that really does me tits in lol is everyone asking what sex amy is lol as she is in pink quite alot of the time andi have a pink push chair grrr are they colour blind???

sorry for the long rant thing lol

OMG!!
We went to Durham today, lots of cobbly windy streets with narrow paths.
This old couple wouldnt move so had to walk on the road with AJ in his pushchair :shock: No traffic around as we were near the cathedral but still.
Me: I'll just walk on the road then shall I?'
Old fart: So you should!!
WTF??? Stupid old man, I let rip thats for sure :whistle: And they talk about young people having no respect. They were lucky OH didnt hear his retort (he was looking puzzled when I started 'answering back' to the old fart)

Hey I class myself as young too, 26 here too!

classic chip on shoulder there, what on earth makes him so special?! What an ego!!

another thing that really does me tits in lol is everyone asking what sex amy is lol as she is in pink quite alot of the time andi have a pink push chair grrr are they colour blind???
my friend got really annoyed about this too, people are strange arent they, One time you should say its a boy and watch their face drop when they realise youve dressed her in pink!! :rofl:

:rofl: loving these!

Everyone up here is unnaturally nice though so haven't had a problem yet!

If niamh gets called a boy and I'm out with her Dad I let them as it drives him mad :lol: one old woman talked to us for 10 mins about how handsome our little boy was and I agreed with her :rofl:

:rofl: my brother had ringlet curls when he was a baby and everyone used to say he was a pretty little girl! :rofl: my mum stomped home one day and chopped them all off so he was a baby skin head! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back