Old People!

soverign

Reaction score
How rude are old people!! Oh my life! The other day I arrived at the bus stop to catch a bus to work and was first in the cue followed by lots of other people who arrived after me. Well anyway the bus pulled up and I started walking towards it to get on (seen as I was first in the cue) and then this old lady just cut infront of me and all the other old people followed her. I was then forced to get on the bus last! How bloody ignorant!

I wouldn't mind but when you get on the bus last the bus driver always sets off before you have sat down and you end up falling over! But then again if you are old they will wait until you have found a seat! Grrrr!

It happens all the time actually and it really bugs me!

Just needed to get this off my chest! :roll: :roll: Feel much better now!

I agree, they are the same in shops. But I always tap them on the shoulder or push past again :oops: :oops:

totally! everyone complains about the 'yoof of today' but it was an old witch well into her 70's who dropped a heavy door in my face (or rather my bump, that being the most prominent part :oops: ) this morning! :x :x I was so mad I shouted after her 'excuse me but that was extremely rude!' She just looked at me like I was crazy....

Totally agree. I was queueing in Matalan yesterday and 3 biddies, said excuse me, and pushed past to the front!!!!!

I said Excuse Me, there is a queue you know!! But they were selectively deaf too!!

Saying that its similar old biddies that plague you with 50p's when you have your newborn. Sometimes I thought I had a guy, not a baby :rotfl:

Not wanting to be argumentative but saying all old people are rude is like old people saying all young people are rude (which I know does happen) I agree there are some very rude people out there regardless of age but there are lots of lovely well manered old people out there which deserve respect and consideration the same way there are lots of very curtious young people around too!

I do appreciate how rude and frustrating above mentioned situations are just feel its mean to judge them all on the behaviour of some!

*** original post deleted ***

due to not wanting to cause offence with my opinion :)

:shock:

I dont think anyone ment to imply that ALL old people are rude, we are just comparing stories of the ones we have met recently that are.

It starting to seem like whatever we post has to be analysied 100's of times before we actually can, or people are offended. I know we are all female and so likely hormonal whatever, but it seems to me that its starting to get a bit silly now.

Sorry I do apologise, I'm not analyzing anyone,just inputting my opinion, Im sorry!

If it offends I will delete it :D

emma28 said:

I dont think anyone ment to imply that ALL old people are rude, we are just comparing stories of the ones we have met recently that are.

It starting to seem like whatever we post has to be analysied 100's of times before we actually can, or people are offended. I know we are all female and so likely hormonal whatever, but it seems to me that its starting to get a bit silly now.

I dont post very often and am certainly not trying to start an argument and dont believe I had a go at anyone or was out of hand in my reply.
The begining post says 'old people are so rude' this implies all old people, my Grandad is a lovely lonely old man who's only goal for each day is to make one lady smile durring his daily trip to the shops by complimenting them regardless of who they are or what they look like and I think this is a lovely goal to have for the day, he fought for his country for many years and lost his hearing as a result and Im afraid the thought of him being classed along with all other old people as rude is a subject close to my heart that upsets me, just the same as alot of people on here would be gutted if someone posted all teenage mums are useless it isnt true and isnt necessary!

I love old people. Especially the rude ones. When I'm old I'm gonna be the witch who will burst your football before she throws it back over the fence and the old lady who sits on the outside seat of the bus with her legs spead wide apart so you can't get to the only seat left on the bus next to me by the window.

And when I get off the bus I will throw my head back and laugh a wicked laugh.

Lou :angel:

:roll:

Old people are so rude could as easily mean some...not all.

All I was trying to say, probably clumsily....is that everyone seems a bit ready to jump on every post now. I'm sure that every member of this forum is nice, so I am unsure why people seem to be looking for slights everywhere.

But I am very sorry if my post has offended you re your grandad. It would never have occurred to me to take that as a slight to my grandparents.... :think:

I too, have 4 sets of grandparents who I wouldn't say are rude....Well maybe granda sense of humour :think:

chill girls 8) If you wanna argue post on my thread :rotfl:

I'm sorry Emma but people are just posting their opinions as are the people who posted previously.

If anything, I would suggest that insinuating that people are trying to over analyze or 'looking for slights' simply through adding an opinion on the subject is more likely to cause a problem.

Also the eye rolling at peoples comments doesn't help.

Can we not all just get on, accept we all have different views, not everyone on here is going to be in agreement, do we have to avoid replying to threads if it doesn't go along with our way of thinking?

Please, let's just have a thread where people can give their opinions without judgement :D

Everyone just be friends :hug:

lou said:
I love old people. Especially the rude ones. When I'm old I'm gonna be the witch who will burst your football before she throws it back over the fence and the old lady who sits on the outside seat of the bus with her legs spead wide apart so you can't get to the only seat left on the bus next to me by the window.

And when I get off the bus I will throw my head back and laugh a wicked laugh.

Lou :angel:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I missed that, we must have posted at the same time!!

I work with the elderly and I like the ones with a bit of fire.....I of course am gonna be just like that....with my bottle of brandy under the bed, demanding the fit male c/a bed bath me :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Burger me ladies!!

Everytime I click on a post there seems to be some form of dischord erupting!!

Im having to hide my eyes between my fingers before I look whats written which believe you me makes it very difficult to type!!! :lol:

I reckon its the weather, making us all feel a bit poop.

Come on fellow PF chums. Cheer up!

Cheerup.jpg

J-Do1979 said:
Burger me ladies!!

Im having to hide my eyes between my fingers before I look whats written which believe you me makes it very difficult to type!!! :lol:

Cheerup.jpg

:rotfl: at the pic and I've never been burgered before, whats it like? :rotfl:

lou said:
J-Do1979 said:
Burger me ladies!!

Cheerup.jpg

:rotfl: at the pic and I've never been burgered before, whats it like? :rotfl:

Its fun being caught between 2 baps.
Very saucy as well............

emma28 said:

:clap: :clap:

I totally agree with you, you have to think before you post things you want to say just incase you happen to say something that someone else might not like coz you don't want to start off another argument.

People are just saying instances where they have come across rude old people & sharing them & then someone takes the comments out of context & it ends up with another row, just chill out, its meant to be a fun & helpful forum, not constant bickering.

Must be the hormones! Considering we are a bunch of hormonal girls I'm surprised theres not more arguments to be honest.

I am going to grow old very ungracefully :wink:

OMG whats going on with this forum lately?
No-one can say jack sh*t without someone having a go?
She didn't say ALL old people are ignorant. And no she didn't say some either but jeez we knew what she meant.
Some people are just too pedantic and pick at things just for the sake of it.
I'm scared to comment sometimes for fear that someone will bite my head off.

And yes I am hormonal ATM too :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back