Urgh heartburn!

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hiya!

I had slight heartburn over Christmas but it went so I put it down to over eating.

However for the last 2 nights its been back and has been quite painful. I've also had it all day! :roll:

Do any of you know of any food/drink I can try to help to ease it before I go down the gaviscon route? I've never suffered with heartburn before so don't really wanna start taking medication for it if I can help it!

Thanks xxx

Hey hun I use gavison as some nights its so bad but I find drinking a milkshake first thing helps set me up for the day x x

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

milks good, but i like renie tablets they are my friends :)

Thanks ladies!! I just ate a yoghurt because I thought "hey it's cold so it might help" lol. Its helped a little bit so I might try your idea of milkshake Smess. Then go down the gaviscon/rennie route if it gets too bad to bare.

I hate sparkling water hun but thanks! :)

xxx

Milk and Gaviscon are the only things that help me hun I am afraid.

Just as a thought....have you noticed a food that you have eaten on all of the days you have heartburn? I only ask as I realised it was eating wholemeal granary bread that did it it me! Shame because I loved that bread!

I have no doubt I will be suffering with it again later on in pregnancy just because I am pregnant but watch out it's not food related at this stage xx

Cooked.ham did.it to me my word.
Also I use gavison double tablets whatever there called I think they work better than the liquid igot mine from poundland v cheap worth a look normally .£3 x x

Cheers!

Miss i've know idea what food it could be. The only thing I have the same everyday is porridge for breakfast but thats full of milk which helps so I don't know what it could be! Its still bearable at the moment and comes and goes every few hours but if it gets worse i'll have to get some gaviscon. Do I have to check with my MW that I can take it or shall I just buy some?

xxx

I just.brought mine but I do think you can get it on prescription x x

Cool i'll buy some at the weekend then, don't really see the point in bothering my MW about it. I will be bothering her on Monday though because I still haven't got a date for my next scan!! I'm 19 weeks on Friday!! I'm going to see if she can chase up the hospital for me!

xxx

Palma Violets the big ones are pretty good too if you don't want to take meds x

I've had it since breakfast this morning :-( Took Rennies at work but they don't help....have just downed a couple of big glugs of gaviscon now I'm home and it's finally helping a little. Trouble is tummy is rumbling for my tea but I'm scared to eat now!! If you do find the time, get Gaviscon on prescription cause you will get through ALOT and it's pricey!! Actually you can fill out a form at the pharmacy, show them your free entitlement to prescriptions and they'll give you a bottle for nowt - although mine was stingy and only gave me a small bottle whereas GP gave me a giant one!! xx

Morning!

I gave in last night and got my OH to get me some Gaviscon on his way home from work. It is now my best friend! lol

Slept a sound as a baby, in fact it kicked in almost straight away!! Tastes horrible but who cares as long as it works!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back