Heartburn

Lou_1

Reaction score
:shakehead: Now i got heartburn with my first son but i feel like im constanlty getting it this time this last week has been terrible, Im not eating anything that would set it off so bad and am getting it when im up in the night- I know heartburn totally normal in pregnancy but r any of u guys getting it constantly at my satge :wall2: Im sure i got it later first time round. Gaviscon helps but not for long and hate the chalky sweets :mad: xx

I've had a lovely pregnancy apart from the atrocious heartburn!! Have had it since about week 14!!! Now I am 31 weeks I am practically drowning myself in Gaviscon, which like you say does help, but I have never found a way of stopping it coming on in the first place! Mine is terrible acid heartburn and indigestion, so bad it almost makes me cry! xxx

I totally sympathise!!!! Had it with my first & am suffering now second time around & it's horrible. I find myself dodging certain foods, but still getting heartburn. I hate Gaviscon as it makes me gag, but take it cos the pain is worse than the taste.
Just part & parcel of being pregnant I guess - just stock up on Gaviscon & count down the weeks til you have bubs & it'll be gone (although it does feel ages away doesn't it)!

Sunnyb xxx

thanks guys mine been murder and i hate gaviscon to its to think... lol the joys x

I have it bad too. I take gaviscon, milk and rennie (try the chewy peppermint ones) they taste like soft mints so not so bad. Its horrendous though, keeps me up at night. Been getting it bad in my throat too xx

Yup its terrible ! I went to the GP and they prescribed me something else, its not gaviscon - don't know the name of it, but it works wonders, and saves money on buying gaviscon! try it :lol: x

Same here, I get it really bad at nights, hate gaviscon too but it does work for a little bit, it has defo been getting worse and worse over the weeks though :(.

I really have no idea, its one of those fancy unpronouncable names :lol: but its really does save the pennies getting just heartburn relief prescribed, because gaviscon can be so expensive ! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back