Heartburn Advise.. Arghh!!!

jendav81

Reaction score
Hiya,

Not feeling great at the moment as am having horrible heartburn :x I usually take Gaviscon but I don't think you can take that when pregnant? Can you?

Does anyone have any natural remedies that work for them?

Thanks in advance xx

Hi ya - I've been getting heartburn since week 10!!! and it drives me mad, night time is the worst!!

Gaviscon is absolutely fine to take, although I don't like taking the liquid so I have chewy rennie, which i have to take most days!!!

Natural stuff is ice cold water or milk and they sooth the burn and milk seals the passages so you can't feel it as bad.

Hope this helps you x x x

OMG yeah you can hun lol lol!!!! Get to your GP and get a prescription for a FREE huge bottle of it :D

I feel for you hun! Ive been through 2 of those big bottles of Gaviscon this pregnancy already :shock: I hope its not fattening :rotfl:

x

Yeah, don't pay for it! get a prescription from your Dr/MW! :D

I've been getting bad heartburn in the evening the last few days.
I've found gaviscon helps, or drinking milk :D

I have had heartburn / indigestion really badly since being pregnant and Gaviscon is the only thing that works for me.

ive had a couple of terrible bouts in the middle of the night but gaviscon does help. Last time it didn't so much and I have been recommended to skip the regular stuff and buy Gaviscon Advance. I also spoke to the doctor and he told me not too worry about exceeding the dose if necessary because it won't do me any harm.

I know that Gaviscon is safe in the pregnancy but I don't like taking drugs so I solved my heart burn problems by drinking lots of camomile tea - it worked magic for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back