Getting really fed up of heartburn now!! It's getting me diwn

babybo

Reaction score
Everything I eat or drink is giving me heartburn!!
I've had it since 6 weeks. It's now that bad I've actually burnt my throat with the heartburn tablets so I have to stop taking them which obviously means heartburn is worse!!
Yesterday I just had milk and water and lots of fruit throughout the day and I didn't have as much heartburn at night but I can't survive on just milk water and fruit for the next 15 weeks!

It's really getting me down as I really want to eat nice things like a sunday dinner without it hurting 20 mins later.
Whenever it's lunch or dinner time I dread it as I know half an hour later it'll hurt.

Anybody got any recommendations to help?

I've tried all the heartburn tannest and liquids. Gavisgon actually makes me gag and throw up it's that vile even the flavoured liquids and tablets xx

i had heartburn b4 i got pregnant. couldnt eat certain foods. now its worse, i just live with a bottle of gaviscon in my bag, next to my bed and in the car!
bland boring foods, didnt set it off for me. rice, pasta etc.

I feel ur pain. I'm allergic to any heartburn tabs like rennies, gaviscon and I can't have dairy so can't even drink milk!

I find that not having any drink with a meal, then sipping a glass of water about 20mins after I've finished the meal eases it a bit.
But also, I found that once I realized I was allergic and stopped taking the meds, it eased itself magically and I don't get it as bad anymore x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

If you go to your GP they can prescribe you ranitadine, which works much better than gaviscon ect..

ive just started getting this and makes me feel sooo sick aswell x

I've always found that lemonade helps it. Makes me burp quite a bit though !! lol

I was prescribed omeprazole its perfectly safe

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

I used to drink ice cold diet coke until I read few days ago that the caffeine in it as well as tea etc can actually make it worse!!

I've just had my lunch (ham sandwich) but without anything to drink. I'll see how that goes. Doesn't help that I'm thirsty all the time!! X

Ice pops and Peppermint tea, Don't have too much of the peppermint tea try and limit it to 3 cups a day if you can :)

I tried Gaviscon makes me gag, Rennies make me burp but I don;t like the chalky taste..

Frozen grapes! My friend recommended it. It's so soothing when your heartburn kicks in.

Well today my sickness has come back with a huge vengeance!!! So not only am being sick I've also got heartburn too!!! :0( xx

Got an appointment with doc tomoz to hopefully get something.
I had a terrible night last night with it xx

I feel your pain with the heartburn I want to tell you it gets better but it doesn't it gets worse I'm afraid! :-( def try to get something prescribed that you can take for it!

I like gaviscon thankfully otherwise I don't know what I would do! I have had it all day today!!!

It is getting to the point that even water is giving me some firm of heartburn!!
I've just eaten ravioli on toast (not gad it since I was a kid) and so far (touch wood) all is ok!! X

Im the same if I drink water at night then I have to have gaviscon straight after or I'm all night with bad heartburn!

You will figure put what causes it and stuff then it gets easier to manage I only know how to manage mine cos I had it bad last time and that was only last year :) so I remember what to do! Towards the end of my last pregnancy I went through a big bottle of gaviscon a week! I do start to literally hate the stuff at the end!

Hi I got prescribed omoperazole ( think spelt ok) too and it's great. :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back