Update on me

lmarszall

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well i have been offline for a week as we still have no internet at home.

I have been sooo busy as it was my son's 1st birthday party on saturday which was brilliant! And i also got my Dating / Nuchal scan apt through for next Thursday 26th June.

I will only be 10+2 then so it will be too early to do the Nuchal test. But they think i am 2 weeks ahead and so think i'll be around 12 weeks. Although i know i'm not as we have a private scan and i didn't tell them. Hoping that if the Nuchal was done too early they'd give me another one.

But i've just read the leaflet with the apt and it says 'if for any reason they can't do the nuchal fold measurement it is unlikley you will be offered another scan and you will be offered other ways of screening.'

How out of order is that. Especially when i told the doctor and the midwife my dates were 2 weeks out as i've had long cycles. Dickheads.

Oh well at least i have the scan in a couple of weeks.

But i am so scared. Althoug i have seen a hearbeta at 6+4 i know sprout could have still dies in there and i wouldn't know.

I feel so worried i am just trying to forget i am even pregnant :cry:

Laura
xx

Im sure everything will be fine hun, im the same though i keep worrying all the time. good luck with your scan on 26th, ive got mine one the 24th and im so nervous even though i only had a scan friday

lmarszall said:
I will only be 10+2 then so it will be too early to do the Nuchal test. But they think i am 2 weeks ahead and so think i'll be around 12 weeks. Although i know i'm not as we have a private scan and i didn't tell them. Hoping that if the Nuchal was done too early they'd give me another one.

But i've just read the leaflet with the apt and it says 'if for any reason they can't do the nuchal fold measurement it is unlikley you will be offered another scan and you will be offered other ways of screening.'

How out of order is that. Especially when i told the doctor and the midwife my dates were 2 weeks out as i've had long cycles. Dickheads.

I don't think its out of order. The window of time to do a Nuchal scan is small and if they are booked up with other ladies needing scans also then its probably not easy for them to fit in to try again. Many NHS trusts don't offer a Nuchal scan at all (not enough people trained to use the equipment etc) so that your health authority even offer it is great. Very few do.

There are other tests later on and if you feel you are at risk or are worried you can opt for them.

Also Doctors and MW's don't go from long cycles (or short ones as mine is) and base it from the date of your first day of last period.

If your previous scan showed you will be 10+2 on the scan date then you really won't get any results. I'd maybe let them know you had an early scan and were dated as such to a) save wasting your time and b) save wasting theirs and their funds. That way you can hopefully get a Nuchal scan within the correct time frame and at least stand a very good chance of having it done and getting results over being too soon and not getting anything. A Nuchal isn't a dating scan so I can't see it making any difference for the hospital that you had a private early scan already.

Good luck :)

Hi,
Thats funny. Do you not really think it's out of order that they won't listen about the dates so it's their fault they have missed the time window? And yet even though i've told them, i will miss out accordingly?

i would have thought they should spend more time listening to mothers who are more likley to know when they conceived than by going on LMP which for many means nothing. Then they would save their time and money by not giving out scans too early or too late for no reason. Just my opinion though.

Apparentlyit is a Nuchal and dating scan. Accroding to the midwife. And i did mention to her it will be out as i was two weeks behaind and she just said they'll see at your scan. So really it is their fault.

And as they messed up with my last Nuchal scan for my son. By losing my details twice, i don't think they seem to run a very efficient service.

Ta for the reply though :) :)

Lau
x

You know you are two weeks behind due to having had a scan already also though right? And you've not told them you've had this scan. If you told them you had been dated already via a scan I'd have thought it would hold more water than being based on a longer cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back