Underwire Bras!

saralou5

Reaction score
I've been told I'm not supposed to be wearing a bra with wire under it, but I'm currently skint and can't afford a nice maternity one. Plus any of my other bras without wire just cause me to be uncomfortable because my boobs are so heavy now! :holly:
Anyone else heard this? Does it effect boob growth or something?
Can't wait til I get some money in and can get a nice maternity one :D.

Make a pregnancy ticker
:blue:Member Of Team Blue:blue:

I got a sports type bra from asda for £4 hun and its to do with breast milk it affects your milk ducts so you have trouble breast feeding that's all so if your not going to try it there is no worries x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk

The underwire can affect the milk growth.

I just got non wired tshirt bras from M&S = they were £16 for two, but I've heard that ASDA do them a lot cheaper?

I got non wired Tshirt ones too & a sports -bra + maternity bra's all from asda & primark :)

I heard blocked milk ducts can be painfull so i dont fancy this even if i am bottle feeding. Try primark hun there cheap or asda ? xx

Last edited:
Think I brounght mine from asda or sainsburys, bargain price , really good too, managed to get the slightly padded T-shirt ones, as in pr egnancy I had nipple pointing issues! ha ha he things we go through....

Last edited:
I don;t like non wired bra's they make my boobs ag to my knees :(

They do, do underwired maternity bra's :)

I have been wearing mine since i found out i was pregnant when i wear a wired one they ache at the end of the day so stuck it out and just wear my non sexy ones lol x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk

I stopped wearing underwire bras at 7wks because I was in agony wearing them. The ones without the wire are so much comfier for me now.
But I plan to breastfeed and had also heard that the underwire damages the milk ducts.

I'm sure if u shop around ull get some good bargains :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hiya.
I've never worn underwired bras as my boobs are that big (36G) the wire just cuts into them. Look for sports or supportive bras as there much more comfortable and have a wider strap on shoulders to help even the load more :)

Omg I haven't stopped wearing underwire bras. Is that bad xx

i didnt even know this however all my bras well the 2 that fit have underwire, need all the support i can get with my little 32b's but then again i dnt plan on breastfeeding either x

Hiya.
I've never worn underwired bras as my boobs are that big (36G) the wire just cuts into them. Look for sports or supportive bras as there much more comfortable and have a wider strap on shoulders to help even the load more :)

OMG! Same size as me & I can't not wear underwires otherwise they flop lol. Where do u find supportive & comfy 36G non underwires?? Any suggestions :) xx

I asked my midwife about this at my 16 week appt and she said underwired bras were absolutely no problem through pregnancy as long as they were properly fitted and comfortable. I am still wearing them now, but also bought a few crop top style bras from Primark cheapo and have different days in different bras. I also tend to take my bra off when I get home if I know I'm not venturing out again that night!!! Pretty sure my boobies are okay judging by the juice they leak on a regular basis!! lol. My motto is, if it's hurting, then stop doing it, if not, it's probably ok!!

Thanks for all the replies ladies! Really appreciate it :D. Definitely having a venture round ASDA in the morning, see if I can pick up a few bargains for me baps!

Make a pregnancy ticker
:blue:Member Of Team Blue:blue:

I asked my midwife about this at my 16 week appt and she said underwired bras were absolutely no problem through pregnancy as long as they were properly fitted and comfortable. I am still wearing them now, but also bought a few crop top style bras from Primark cheapo and have different days in different bras. I also tend to take my bra off when I get home if I know I'm not venturing out again that night!!! Pretty sure my boobies are okay judging by the juice they leak on a regular basis!! lol. My motto is, if it's hurting, then stop doing it, if not, it's probably ok!!

This is wHat I was told too, and in Canada some maternity stores only sell underwire maternity bras. As long as they fit, they aren't a problem. I wore them my whole pregnancy.

coco_cukoo - Boobydoo.co.uk :) The Shock Absorbers are quite comfy and supportive.

Also snapped up some from M&S in new year sales but they don't last more than a few months before the weight of the boobs strech them too much :/

Thank you - never heard of that site. Will have a look! Yeah M&S seem to be crap, I think ASDA is pretty good for bras and sometimes much cheaper and better quality than M&S ones! xx

Went to M&S earlier to get measured, I've gone up 2 sizes! Then went to Asda with my mum and got some laaavely fitting bras and some crop top style things. My boobs are now comfier than ever :D. Give it a couple of weeks and I'll be needing new ones again!! I used to be worried my boobs weren't going to be big enough to feed baby, but no I have no worries! Hahahah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back