Maternity Bra's

Merfairy

Reaction score
Just a quickie guys.. I went to Mothercare and got myself a maternity bra the other day and a couple of nursing bras. I found out that I should have been wearing maternity bras from like the start???? I have been wearing normal underwired bras and I got told that underwire damages the milk ducts or something as the wire cuts in... she said my MW should have told me this?

I was like .. what??? I had no idea and my daft MW didn't tell me that at all, so am now upset that I may not be able to feed well..

Anyone else had the same scenario..?

Hugs

Yep, I only found this out recently too, although there are still loads of mixed views. I've bought a few non-wired ones now so will stick with them, but I do wonder what real harm a little bit of wire can do? I wouldn't worry too much. x

ive only been wearing underwired, my boobs need all the support they can get! x

I'm not too sure, i think it won't do that much harm though, i've heard of women wearin normal bra's through most of their pregnancy and then moving to nursing ones when it just gets uncomfortable later on. I'm thinking about getting one now mainly because my current ones are uncomfy. xx

I've been wearing non wired ones from mothercare until recently but I can't stand the no support any longer so I bought some underwired nursing bras from figleaves. com and then found them cheaper on ebay so bought a couple of more.

Last edited:
OH underwire nursing bras.. will look them up!! x

I wore underwired ones right up until birth and my milk is positively gushing :lol: Don't worry about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back