Bras - Grrrr!!!

l_maclean

Reaction score
I figured seeings as nothing fits properly - I'd got get fitted today!
Explained to the wee woman that i was PG - wanted a size that I wouldnt have to replace in a few weeks - and that I prefered underwire.

Well - got a row right off - NO WAY should I be wearing a wire - it'll interfere with milk ducts!!

Finallly said - ok then lets see what you have, explained I usually were the still I have one - t-shirt type things, Not lace. etc.

She came back with2 bras - both of which looked like Scaffolding my GRAN would wear.

How difficult is it for M&S to stock non-wired bras above a DD that dont look like they are for someone in there 60s!!!

ok - rant over. lol

xxx

:hug: and wired bras are fine so long as they're comfy and not too tight round your boobs x

I looked in M&S for a maternity/feeding bra and they are HIDEOUS!!!!!! So i did some research and found some brands i really like (HOTmilk and Cake Lingerie) but sadly, some of them only go to a 38 bandwidth, and i've gone from a 36 to a 44. Went to Mothercare last week, and they have some beautiful stuff, but i was told it wasn't worth having a new one there and then as i was 35 weeks and shortly baby would be dropping so band would decrease (YAY). Anyway, the woman seemed really knowledgeable and said that providing i'm comfortable and my boobs aren't being dug into, my normal underwired bras were fine.

If you don't want to keep changing bras, why don't you do what i did and buy some bra extenders? M&S sell them, they come in a pack of 3 in white, nude and black for about £5 and have 3 extra sets of hooks and eyes

The friend I was shopping with today saind not to waste money on feeding bras - cos you tend to be able to pop out of anything.

Its been more the cup size that meant i needed new bras - ive had a double boob look going on for the last week.

xxx

I have found that maternity bras have no real support on the sides so your boobs look like they are trying to escape under your arms! Needless to say I have only worn one of my purchases once - so not a good look!

I'm going to get a couple of feeding bras, as all of mine are ultra padded boost your boobs up expensive ones and i think i need something a little more practical :lol:

Must be something about people who do your fitting at M&S stores as I too got told off for having an underwire bra on. To be honest, I didn't know they weren't good to wear and felt like she thought I was being neglectful to my boobs by wearing one.

I am scared to go back and get fitted again as my boobs wont stop growing :(. I can't find any that are comfy though, I dont really care about how they look as only my hubby will see it and he wouldn't dare say anything bad about it otherwise I would likely bite his head off :D

Hope you can find some you like Maclean

Do u have a bravissimo anywhere near u? They r really good, stock only DD+ and have a lovely selection. I'm headin into London soon to get re-measured as my boobs r overflowing from my bras! I'm already in a 32GG! god knows how big they r gonna get, but bravissimo go up to an L cup in nursing bras!

Just wanted to say, being big busted without being pregnant, I never go to M&S for bra measuring - people always seem to come out with the wrong size. I tend to go to House of Frazer or Debenhams, much better and much more choice! Also agree that Bravissimo is fab too!!

mothercare for me very pretty cotton ones and you do fall out of them at the sides lol fit really nice as well xxxx

Ive been wearing undwires up until today, but they were starting to get uncomfortable, i had tried a couple of maternity non wired bras from Mothercare and M&S and I just didn't get on with them. Anyway, i went to M&S yesterday and they have a new range. Two bras £25, one white, one black, nursing, so with the clip and they have a side support so you boobs don't fall under your arms (as mine seemed to want to do now!). I went for the 38 DD, i was a 34 D and they fit perfectly, although i hope i don't get any bigger in the next 4 weeks (hmm), but there is a bit of room. They go up to 44 G i think or there abouts (nowhere else seems to go above a 38 and you need that when your bump is high!) Here it is http://www.marksandspencer.com/Pack...ction.html&pf_rd_p=215485807&pf_rd_s=center-3 I know they are not the most flattering, but they are not as grandma as some that i've seen. I would aliken to a bit more of a bra top. V comfy :)

Franna, those are the ones that I use. They are good but they tend to irritate under my arms. I may just need a bigger size. My boobs have never popped out of them at all though, so that's a good thing.

i bought some from john lewis this week and they are really comfy, again not the sexiest bras ever but their ok...

i picked up the pink spot and plain white and also a mint green spot and plain white. there aren't many sizes left online but i found quite a few in store..

http://www.johnlewis.com/103533/Product.aspx

xx

Debanams seem better than m&s. Getting sick of buying bras myself, I can hardly breathe in the ones I've got just now so guess I need to buy yet more! Also winds me up that you get one black and one white everywhere, I never wear white so have 3 unused white bras sitting in my draw!

lol vicki - you did have me a little confused as to why falling out of them was a good thing.
xxx

I looked at them DW - but they only go up to a D cup - so I ended up with the equivalent ones with a wire.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back