Ummm

jld123

Reaction score
Did anybody do a poo during labour? :blush:

I know its silly, but watching one born every minute the other night just made me a bit wary. I know it happens, but how common is it?

I think its quite common lol, i have never give birth though. I am going to shit myself i know it lol x

I didnt , most women have a clear out I think before (pooping anv vomiting) its a sign of labour . But if you do , you wont even notice , the MW wont ell you they just get rid so dont worry to much x

I did with dd2 lol. The mw was very discreet and I wouldn't have known but I asked ha ha

This is something I worry about too. Not so much worried about the MW but worried about DH seeing that! x

I didnt , most women have a clear out I think before (pooping anv vomiting) its a sign of labour . But if you do , you wont even notice , the MW wont ell you they just get rid so dont worry to much x

I was gonna say exactly the same-if u do do it then mw just get rid and u don't know u've done it. I didn't in my 2 natural births (that I know of anyway) lol xx

Lol i was worried about this too! OH would never let me live it down haha.. Like the other girls said though, I've heard they whip it away and you don't even know you've done it lol x

im not too bothered about this, i know sounds a bit strange but im a nurse and have done my fair share of cleaning up peoples pooh and to be honest you dont even think about it when you are doing it and this is for pts who arnt giving birth. and my oh has become used to me as lately especially when he is in the shower i need a number 2 so sneak in there!! we got black shower curtain but always get caught out lol xx

I had an emergency section, so didnt actually give birth, but was pushing for a while.. didnt poo.. but the amount of waters i leaked was HORRID, God I hated it, I didnt want to move around the room, it would look like i was peeing myself with every contraction! I stayed on that absorbant pad! (which was changed after pretty much every contraction LOL

I didn't poo last time but I'm not worried about doing it at all i mean you are pushing hard lol sure I'd rather not but if it happens, it happens. Might be weird in a birthing pool if you saw it float past you though lol!

I think I did. But they are so discreet about it, my midwife just covered it up and changed the pad thing. You really won't give a crap about it when you're pushing lol. X

I did with my son! I knew I was going to and kept saying I'm pooing but the mw's were like no your fine then 1 walked over to the loo so I knew I had! Too be fair, I didn't care though, it's not embarrissing like I thought it would be!

I didnt BUT the midwife who was inducing me said "now your prob worried anout pooing / peeing / bleeding. Let me tell you when that baby wants out he is gonna come and whatever is in the way is going to come out! I know you arent gonna mean to do it and it may happen so chill out!" hehe. Put me at ease for sure. I kept shouting I NEED A POO! haha.

S**t happens, MW's clean it up... Been there, done that ;)

Lxx

I did! i had a waterbirth and the mw got a Sieve thing to get it out how bloody embarrassing! x

I'm not bothered about pooing, I'm more concerned about tearing! Ouch!

I'm with you on that! If I poo I might be a bit embarassed, but the thought of tearing is really worrying me! Or being cut - I hope I have a healthy but TINY baby!

yes I think most women poo. My midwife told me (with my first) that during most deliveries everything comes out, so puke, pee, and poo (and the baby obviously hehe). The baby pushes on the bowels and so poo comes out (or you shouldn't have eaten for days I guess). but it is completely normal and I don't think your husband will think you are strange and/or be annoyed by any of this. It is just nature and you can't help it.

I'm with you on that! If I poo I might be a bit embarassed, but the thought of tearing is really worrying me! Or being cut - I hope I have a healthy but TINY baby!

the size of the baby doesn't say anything about tearing or not, but a bigger baby is less worrying because he/she can regulate body temperature better (and so less likely to stay in the hospital for any reason). A big baby doesn't tear you up more than a small baby.

Well that dont make sense, how does the size of the baby NOT play a part in tearing? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back