Ummm

Well that dont make sense, how does the size of the baby NOT play a part in tearing? Lol

a. because a bigger baby doens't have more fat on his/her head (which is the biggest part of the baby)
b. because it depends on how the labour progresses
c. because not all women have the same elasticity
d. because extreme pushing puts more pressure on the perineum than for example breathing the baby out.
e. because stress vs relaxt during pregnancy can make the perineum more tense and thus more likely to be tight (and more prone to tearing)

so there are many factors which can cause a tear and once the babys head is crowning that is the part where you are most likely to tear (if you are going to tear anyway) and not before and/or after that.

Doesn't your midwife tell you any of this? (or anyone else)? I don't mean this in a bad way but I am amazed at how people sometimes do not have this information :)

I've been told a big baby is less likely to tear! I'm sure it was because their easier to push out! Don't know where I heard it though although charley was a big baby and I only had a graze while Lacey was 1lb lighter and I needed stitches!!

i did too!!!!! and it was not discreet, i thought it was my daughter being born! so i had everyone tell me it wasn't lol
for a split second i thought "well......labours not that bad" lol

Well that dont make sense, how does the size of the baby NOT play a part in tearing? Lol

a. because a bigger baby doens't have more fat on his/her head (which is the biggest part of the baby)
b. because it depends on how the labour progresses
c. because not all women have the same elasticity
d. because extreme pushing puts more pressure on the perineum than for example breathing the baby out.
e. because stress vs relaxt during pregnancy can make the perineum more tense and thus more likely to be tight (and more prone to tearing)

so there are many factors which can cause a tear and once the babys head is crowning that is the part where you are most likely to tear (if you are going to tear anyway) and not before and/or after that.

Doesn't your midwife tell you any of this? (or anyone else)? I don't mean this in a bad way but I am amazed at how people sometimes do not have this information :)

Lol my MW didnt tell me anything ! when I asked her about the risk of tearing I was told "you wont tear if you do as we tell you" :wall2: I instead had an episiotomy and a bruised baby :shock: . Dont be afraid to ask questions and keep going until you get information . As for tearing girls I've heard evening primrose oil used in the last month and perineal massage improves elasticity and helps with not tearing.

Perineal massage is more likely to bruise the perinium before stretching it.. just sayin what i got told by midwifes

My MW told me big babies are easier to give birth too and you are less likely to teat as the added weight coming down towards the vagina stretches everything gradually

i have not been aware of pooing in any of my labours so far but that to say i haven;t i have no idea, but must admit normally had clear out first, I am only worried about pooing giving birth if its not at hospital, i have very fast labours lst one 8 mins from start to finish, next door has said he is prepare and ready to deliver if need be and as he would be the clamest that wld be te best option so its only if my if i need the help of someone else, but i am sure i will have more thingsto worry about at that time.
abouthe tearing aswell i had 4 children without a tear and then my last i tore really bad had 2nd/3rd degree tear, husband delivered him on induction ward i was not on labour wardad didn;t have a midwife tellig me now pant, midwives said it was cause it as so fast but my 4th was only 15 min and she weighed 6lb 15 were as my 5th weighed 6lb 13 so weight not a factor alot of other things but i do believe listen to midwife is a big one, i know i have not totaly healed from my last lot of stitches as it was only 13 months ago and it hurts sometimes still when having sex so i am guessing that i will tear again as i have not given my body enough time to recover but you never know.

i did too!!!!! and it was not discreet, i thought it was my daughter being born! so i had everyone tell me it wasn't lol
for a split second i thought "well......labours not that bad" lol

Tee hee!

I believe I made the tiniest poo, despite my body totally clearing out.

I was told to push like I was pooing, which I did.

It happens to the majority, not to all, but to most, and it's not drawn attention to so not everyone will know they have.

And it shouldn't matter - it's part and parcel of bringing your LO into the world :dance:

I just wanted to add (maybe this is offtopic) but for anyone who is afraid to tear do NOT accept an episiotomy to prevent this, it does not prevent tearing and you could end up with a cut and a tear. also it is less bad for you to tear because this is not through all the layers of muscles (which an episiotomy is). stitching up a tear is less risky and will not infect as soon as an episiotomy. hospitals only try to do this (mostly) because it is easier for the staff and not for you. it gives you more risks.

My sil had her baby in Dec and she was in the birthing pool and poo'd!

They just scooped it and her out lol!

Never happened to me with DD but I wouldnt worry if it did, its nothing they havent seen before xxx

I poo'd :yay: Hahahahaa! Was quite funny actually...

Was going to be induced on the Sat but for some reason couldn't poo on Fri night... Got to Sun night whilst I was waiting to have my waters broke and I kept going to try but it wasn't happening! Kept telling OH that I really should go as I hadn't for 3 days...
Came to pushing and I said, oh, it feels like i'm pooing, MW was like, you are love but it's ok! :rofl: Nevermind eh! You really don't care! I was cut too and it was a piece of cake :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back