*** Twins thread ***

So glad you're getting to go home!! X

tapatalking x

I'm expressing as need to monitor how much that they have, plus having to give formula but I'm hardly making enough, getting about 25-40 ml every 3 hours :( but 100ml in morning they didn't wanna let us go as mikey lost weight sgain but let us go and gotta go back Tuesday snd if its the same will be admitted to Brighton children's hospital, trouble is he not taking all his feeds so at this rate gonna end up back :(

Keep expressing hun, your supply it will increase. Big hugs, you're doing fab! X

tapatalking x

Yeah, keep expressing scatty. Trouble is on he ward I was on hey seem to have no idea how Breastfeeding worked.
I was expressing for Alex to top him up, I always breastfed him first. 30-40 ml seems a good amount, as they can't take in a huge amount of milk as here tummies are so small.
Keep up the good work!
Express as often as you can, lots of skin to skin, put hem to the breast as often as possible too.
Have you asked if there is a feeding coordinator? Or someone who can help you work out a plan that is supportive of Breastfeeding?

Here you are ladies :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Awww they are beautiful :)
Well done hon. How's your other half been?
There has been someone helping me at the hospital but with mikeys weight loss it's hard just to breast feed until he's out the woods so I just need to keep doing what I'm doing, x

Glad you've got someone helping you x
OH been good, was here everyday from the csection, all he time I was in hospital.
He's gone back to London now and is supposed to be coming back today.

Yes, they are utterly scrumptious! Alex is more highly strung than his sister though LOL, like his dad.

You'll get there scatty, have faith. I never thought Alex would start feeding well, but he did after his couple of sleepy days :hug:

Last edited:
Hi ladies!!
Just a quick hello to let you know that the babies arrived safely on Friday morning, thanks for all your best wishes!
Catalina 5lb and Santiago 5lb 7oz
I was absolutelymterrified of the section and such a state that they actually had to go and suit OH up and let him in theatre to calm me down. I did have sedation in addition to the epi, but although it is a bit of a blur, i do remember it all, including them dropping the screen for me to see them pulled from me, very freaky!
Breastfeeding has been successful, very proud of myself really.
The pain from the section wound was horrendous until today, and i was very swollen from the waist down, but that seems to be improving now. Surprised at how big the wound is considering how small the babies are!
Babies are doing great, very good and quiet most of the time. Will update a bit more soon, including photos, but they are starting to wake up again, so duty calls!! Xxxxxxx

See duo glad to hear your all doing ok Nikki!!
Congrats on your baby Twinnies! :D

Love how the three of you have each had a boy and a girl :) x

tapatalking x

Oh wow Babymother! They are beautiful! They look so alike as well, you lucky thing getting two for the price of one :love:

And so glad to hear your babies are doing fine Nicki, well done on successful breastfeeding, you should be very proud. Can't wait to see pics!

Xxx

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

Phew, fantastic news nikki! Glad everything went well, and feeding going well too.
Ada was 5.7oz too :) you should be proud of yourself for Breastfeeding, esp twins. I know I am :)
Wishing you a good recovery xxx

I was petrified too when I walked down to theatre. They let my OH in for the spinal as I asked, that really helped me.

So glad we are all ok.

Also, I'm taking a painkiller called diclofenac sodium 50mg. It's really good, anti inflammatory, no codeine either! It's working really well. Is anybody else on this?

I was on diclofenac, was really good. Helped with my mastitis too, so MW kept me on it for longer than normal x

tapatalking x

Toooooo cute, clothes too big though!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 30
OMG .... The twins on this thread are soooooo gorgeous, congratulations to you all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back