Twins chat 2016/17!

Hey blue, I was having the same issue with trying to tandem feed with one or the other falling off and it's difficult to help them back on when you're on your own. This is why I took the decision to mostly express and bottle feed - I can much more easily feed them at the same time on their twin Z pillow (highly recommend, can buy from amazon for about 30 quid and they love it for naps and feeds. It's a saviour for night feeds). I put them on my boobs when there's more time to during the day and they aren't ravenous but just want a bit of a cuddle, like if one is asleep and the other just wants some comfort, I'll pop them on for a bit of a feed if they want it. xxx

P.S I'm also formula feeding about 30% top ups at the moment, but supply is increasing a lot with expressing so I may be able to drop formula within a few weeks. Not that there's anything wrong with formula, but my milk is free :)

Hey blue, I was having the same issue with trying to tandem feed with one or the other falling off and it's difficult to help them back on when you're on your own. This is why I took the decision to mostly express and bottle feed - I can much more easily feed them at the same time on their twin Z pillow (highly recommend, can buy from amazon for about 30 quid and they love it for naps and feeds. It's a saviour for night feeds). I put them on my boobs when there's more time to during the day and they aren't ravenous but just want a bit of a cuddle, like if one is asleep and the other just wants some comfort, I'll pop them on for a bit of a feed if they want it. xxx

I find expressing takes longer! How long do yours breastfeed for? Will check out z cushions! We have a V cushion and a U cushion!

Ah when my Robert dropped his weight we got put on the strict 3 hourly feeds but I never breastfed originally, I'm impressed with you both for being able too x

I would second the twin Z pillow ! I am bottle feeding the boys but started doing the one that was awake then settle and then go again but as I wanted them to be in sync I use the twin Z pillow for both and it's fab it really is

Attachments

• IMG_3771.jpg
    IMG_3771.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 19
Does look really good for the bottle feeds. Seen one on Amazon for £33.
Has anyone used it for breastfeeding? V cushion is getting too short to do them together now they are getting bigger!

I wish I had the z pillow - no point now though :) x

I don't think z pillow would work for breastfeeding. I have a U cushion for breastfeeding but I even find that doesn't work so well unless we position them and then I get someone to stuff the cushion under after they're on. It's tricky to get a comfy position for everyone!

Mine don't breastfeed for a specific amount of time, but they do cluster feed quite a lot and generally consume massive amounts. It's getting them on that takes ages though and lots of crying if they are starving and can't get on properly. Hazel barely opens her mouth wide enough to take a bottle, and puts her hands up by her face so it's really tricky xx

You are still doing amazing, I couldn't have breastfed x

Mine do that Laura, so frustrating.

What do people do when tandem bottle feeding and one needs burping, do you take the bottle away from the other one? It's ok when I have help or they are hungry at different times but I often have to do the formula top up on my own with both at once. Jacob is sick if he isn't burped. I suppose it gets easier when they can hold the bottles themselves!

Boys will be 7 weeks tomorrw, We've been feeding 3hrly in the day & 4hrly at night on 4oz but last 2 days they have been waking after 2.5 and not going past 3, I gave them 5oz earlier which they drained! Do I continue with 5oz? I'm worried I'm feeding them too much?

Blue flower when I feed on my own I have the boys in the twinz pillow & get to about half way then stop feeding both then wind one after the other then start again, they've usually had a good amount that they don't mind having a breather x

Thank you I'll try that!
Do you have another health visitor appointment soon? Can you ring them?

Apparently they don't see us now until a year! But I may ring them to ask it's so hard trying to figure it out ! X

Blue flower when I feed on my own I have the boys in the twinz pillow & get to about half way then stop feeding both then wind one after the other then start again, they've usually had a good amount that they don't mind having a breather x

I did that :)

Do you put the cusbion on the sofa or the bed? I get a backache trying to bottle-feed both mine together leaning over them!

Mine is on the bed but I do get annoy uncomfortable at times, downstairs I have a pooffe so put them on that and lean forward but on the bed I'm a bit twisted to the side lol

Omg my friends little boy who's 16 months just bit Arthur's hand ! It was so hard he had an indentation on his little finger ! I cried he was so upset and I am so mad !! My friend cried too but he wasn't really told off!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back