Twins chat 2016/17!

Blueflower

Reaction score
Is there a twins thread on here? I thought there was but can't find it! :baby::baby:

Last edited:
There was, but we can start a new one :) x

I'm in! Haha it's just all of us lot from January thread so far

Apart from me lol I'm September thread :) x

And another January due. Official due date for me is 25th of January. Going for planned C-section, so will see when I get scheduled for.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Sorry MrsB! I have seen your name around so often that I thought you were one of the Jan clan. I'm due 20 Jan but told c-section at 37 weeks (30 Dec) likely.

Any clue if mine are boys or girls? I think I saw that you work with sonographers somewhere, or am I making that up too?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 3.48.26 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 3.48.26 PM.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Sorry MrsB! I have seen your name around so often that I thought you were one of the Jan clan. I'm due 20 Jan but told c-section at 37 weeks (30 Dec) likely.

Any clue if mine are boys or girls? I think I saw that you work with sonographers somewhere, or am I making that up too?

I work with sonographers:) I got booked for my section today but the dr is already trying to bring it forward, will have them by the end of this month.

I'm going to guess girls looking at their skulls (I could be wrong though lol) are you going to find out? X

How come the planned sections ladies? Mine is because they are both footling breech x

I work with sonographers:) I got booked for my section today but the dr is already trying to bring it forward, will have them by the end of this month.

I'm going to guess girls looking at their skulls (I could be wrong though lol) are you going to find out? X

I am hopefully finding out on Monday! My partner researched nub theory and thought girls, but I have been convinced boys. Don't mind either way though. I will let you know on Monday if they open their legs (at $$$ private scan, they'd bloody better)

How come the planned sections ladies? Mine is because they are both footling breech x

Mine isn't definite by any means, but as they are placenta sharing, it could be the safer option. I'll take the expert's advice nearer the time.

My guess is from I already have a son, and 2 more on the way lol. Their skulls were more rounded if that makes sense? It could just be that yours were fidgety as your 2nd one is a tad blurry. If I could see between their legs I would probably be able to tell you, is your private scan a 2d one? Also on the bright side, you are having identical twins so you only need one to open their legs lol x

Mine isn't definite by any means, but as they are placenta sharing, it could be the safer option. I'll take the expert's advice nearer the time.

It's the best way, I didn't even bother writing a birth plan, I'm already limited to what they will do or allow because I have a blood disorder so decided to just see what happens, but as they both want to be awkward and be feet first it was looking like a section anyway so I requested one. Turns out they want to stay in those positions so I made the right choice as I'm now mentally prepared for it x

My guess is from I already have a son, and 2 more on the way lol. Their skulls were more rounded if that makes sense? It could just be that yours were fidgety as your 2nd one is a tad blurry. If I could see between their legs I would probably be able to tell you, is your private scan a 2d one? Also on the bright side, you are having identical twins so you only need one to open their legs lol x

Yes, I'm hoping it means we'll get a result! Yeah, they were wriggling a lot, especially the blurry one. It's made his or her nose look big, and my mum said "oh dear, it's got your father's nose" hahah. It's a 4D scan on Monday, I think.

Haha, with a 4d scan there should be no mistaking what gender they are x

Aww a twins thread - takes me back 4 years ago to my identical twin pregnancy. I feel quite jealous of you all - its the most amazing thing in the world!

We were convinced ours were boys until we had our 16 week scan and they said girls, although OH didn't believe it until we'd have a further 3 scans confirming it (just the routine ones, but the sonographers were always very keen to confirm!)

Are you expecting again? Twins stories and any useful advice is very welcome :) x

Are you expecting again? Twins stories and any useful advice is very welcome :) x

A singleton this time (only 9 weeks at the moment so petriffied its going to go wrong still). I have to be honest that I was a little but disappointed when I had a scan at 7 weeks and was told it was only 1 :shock: Made me chuckle as when we found out it was 2 with my daughters we were in shock for 30 weeks!

Happy to answer any practical questions (and I think I have been through every double buggy on the market :wall2: but most things come down to personal preference).

I would definitely recommend joining TAMBA - i am a volunteer for one of their practical parenting for multiple classes and love it. The support they can provide is brilliant.

Good luck to you all!

A singleton this time (only 9 weeks at the moment so petriffied its going to go wrong still). I have to be honest that I was a little but disappointed when I had a scan at 7 weeks and was told it was only 1 :shock: Made me chuckle as when we found out it was 2 with my daughters we were in shock for 30 weeks!

Happy to answer any practical questions (and I think I have been through every double buggy on the market :wall2: but most things come down to personal preference).

I would definitely recommend joining TAMBA - i am a volunteer for one of their practical parenting for multiple classes and love it. The support they can provide is brilliant.

Good luck to you all!

Hi! Great to see an experienced twin mum on here. Help us! Buggy advice would be amazing. I have used the bugaboo donkey (I used to be a nanny to twins) and thought it was very good, but at 800+ quid, I'm not sure I can justify it..

MrsB, did you have a feeling it would be boys? Hopefully you kept your other little one's baby things!

Have others done much shopping yet? With two to pay for, I'm trying to be sensible and not go overboard with the non-basics. I haven't bought a thing yet, but I am going to try to limit myself to cots, buggy, sanitary items and clothes. Oh and I've inherited a Stokke bouncer/basinette which I can hopefully plonk one in whilst I tend to the other.

I'm also wondering if you're all planning on sharing a room? I'm staying with my parents until earlyish next year, when we'll hopefully be in a position to buy. While we are with my parents, space is a bit limited, and there's no chance we can fit a double bed and two cots in one room. I think we'll put the babies in their own room and I'll probably end up sleeping on a futon next to them. Lucky OH will have the double bed to himself!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back