Twins chat 2016/17!

Omg my friends little boy who's 16 months just bit Arthur's hand ! It was so hard he had an indentation on his little finger ! I cried he was so upset and I am so mad !! My friend cried too but he wasn't really told off!!

Oh no poor Arthur. :( How annoying the boy didn't get told off. Even if he wouldn’t understand your friend should have done it for your benefit. I think they can understand a stern tone of voice at that age though. Hope little Arthur forgets about it soon.

That's exactly it, he's young but needs to know what he did was wrong ! He's getting extra cuddles today from his grandparents & me so will help it go away love him

He still needs to learn that biting is wrong, I hope he is ok x

My Twinz Pillow arrived yesterday I love it! Thanks so much for the recommendation!
It does work for breastfeeding, you put the middle prong of the m behind your back and lay the babies on the outside prongs, it's so much comfier than the bulky plastic C shaped one for all of us! Really cuddly! I looked forward to breastfeeding in the middle of the night! Laid them on it when I went in the bathroom last night and they were much calmer too!
Just fed them on it and even ate my breakfast whilst they stayed on it to snooze!
Going to put them on for bottle feeding today.
:cheer:

Yay that's excellent it's great isn't it ! X

I have a restless Henry today he is very windy of the bum origin and not giving any burps after feeding bles him

It's so hard to get anything done isn't it lol!

Just trying to figure out feeds and whether I need to give more in the day so that they sleep better at night? Mrs B did your boys just drop a night feed gradually and by themselves ? X

I'm Also feeling guilty as there's still so much to finish in the house & prep for what need to be finished I'm trying to juggle it all and feel I need to be spending more time than I am for the boys awake time stimulating them more ? What do you do with them at 7 weeks ? X

Also should I be timing how long their naps are and reducing them ?

Oh and Henry seems to have a bloody nose inside ? Is that something I need to worry about do you think? X

He hasn't had a cold that I've noticed, has seemed a big nasally now and again I didn't know whether to use some of that saline spray? ,

Is it the snuffle babe spray? Mum got us some today & it's worked a treat ! X

Just catching up with this as it's been a while.

FBTTN8079, are you still worried about overfeeding? I've been worried about this myself. We were feeding about every 3 hours (to their demands) but they have recently been demanding every 90 mins - 2 hours! They take 90-120ml each time, so loads! I pace the feeds and try other things first, but they are just such hungry girls. They are on breastmilk mostly, so I don't know if this makes any different as I think I heard that formula takes longer to digest and therefore babies often go longer between formula feeds or something like that.

They've gained like 3 pounds in 5 weeks. Surely they must be slowing down soon..

I am always worried although my health visitor said you can't over feed but not sure how true that is ! I am structuring their feeds at the moment so 3hrly in the day on 4.5oz gets them there & then 5oz for their 11pm, 7am & 10am feed. They can't go on 4oz anymore as they just really cry for a bottle after 2 hours!
I have heard it's harder with breast milk and have read that even with Breast feeding to give a bottle before bed either of expressed or formula and that gives mum a break yo can see how much & they go a little longer over night?

They are gaining well aren't they ! The boys gained 1lb over two weeeks last time they were weighed! I reckon they will get to a certain point and plateau and stick to a constant for a while x

Is it the snuffle babe spray? Mum got us some today & it's worked a treat ! X

Yes, the calpol one is good too, I also use the calpol plug in, but I plug it in on the landing just so we all get the benefit :) x

Not yet Blue, they go about every 4ish hours overnight, tonight they've done 10:30 till 3ish which is fab & then they will sleep till about 6:30/7 x
How are yours doing?

I think we have Mrs B don't think there's anyone else to come? ,

They aren't so nocturnal now!
How long do you leave yours to sleep in the cuddle cushion? Just wondered as it's so comfy for them but not flat.

That's great !

It depends, usually I wait until they are asleep then lay them down but yesterday they wouldn't settle laying down so they napped in the cushion supervised and I put a blanket over it so they weren't so much down the holes as I worry about their little backs. I asked the question on the twin mums uk page on FB & it looks like lots of them nap in them x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back