He won't try anything new!!

samharris

Reaction score
Please help me... :wall: :wall:

My 3 year old son is a really fussy eater he won't try anything new all he seems to eat is fish in sauce with mashed potato, fish fingers and smiles fish cakes and smiles or mashed potato with beans or peas. We used to go to my parents at least twice a week for a cooked dinner he'd eat all the veg and not he won't touch it. My DH cooked a tuna pasta bake tonight very nice it was but we put it on the table and ethan screamed blue murder we have tried telling him how big and strong it'll make him and how nice it is but he was determined he was not going to eat it so we cooked him beans and sausage on toast and again it was all the processed food it drives me nuts

what can i do to introduce new foods to him :wall: :wall:

My aunty thinks it could be that he doesn't like wet foods i.e. in gravy etc.

I have to say I completely agree with PP, I would put down whatever you are having in front of him and that is it. No choice about it. If he eats it, then great, if he leaves it then it goes in the bin and he isnt offered an alternative. You will soon find after a few days of no meals, he will begin to pick at things and gradually start eating more stuff each day. It is extremely frustrating, I know, but when you keep giving in to his wants, the only lesson he learns is that if he refuses your food, he will get his own way later. You have to be firm about this, and believe me, he WILL NOT starve! Children are very resiliant, and also very clever at getting what they want, but if they are genuinely hungry then they will eat whatever you put in front of them. You just have to be a bit mean for a few days to give him a new message about food :hug:

Thanks girls thats really helped :hug:

My Sister was telling me about her friend she did what you said about being tough with the no food thing and her child was eating what he was given by day 3 so fingers crossed :pray:

how about getting him involved in making his dinners - I find S is more likely to eat stuff if she has helped make it. A fave of ours is pizza's, just make upo a base, then add different toppings, can use all sorts of veg. Also he could help you to wash veg, mix things etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back